OMV Refining & Petrochemicals Operations
Scheduling & Planning Engineer (f/m)
Overview of OMV
OMV produces and markets oil and gas, innovative energy and high-end petrochemical solutions - in a responsible way. With Group sales of EUR 23 bn and a workforce of more than 20,000 employees in 2018, OMV Aktiengesellschaft is one of Austria's largest listed industrial companies. Due to our international activities in up- and downstream we can offer interesting and diverse job opportunities with excellent scope for career development.
Diversity and equal opportunities are central to the OMV culture and key to our corporate success.
To continue with our growth journey we would like to strengthen our team with experts from Project Expert to Project Manager level
- Develop and maintain Owner's project master plans and schedules for all project phases and schedule levels throughout the Project Lifecycle
- Identifies and analyze the project critical path and advise the project team of the results and any appropriate corrective action and elaborate project control procedures such as planning & scheduling, progress reporting and progress measurement
- Monitor and report schedule forecasting and trending of project plans and validate contractor progress reports and progress certification for invoice validation to support invoice processing and control and liaise closely with other project delivery area, Engineering, Procurement, Construction and other support disciplines
- Sets-up hand-over system in active collaboration with commissioning and Start-up Management, Construction Management and Production
- Maintain and update the integrated resource planning system to plan the requirement of resources for assigned projects
- Monitor contractor's performance, conduct time and progress variance analysis and review/validate contractor's progress reports to ensure performance deviation from the agreed plan is determined and reported on timely basis
- Highlight areas of concern and suggest corrective actions/mitigation measures for implementation by contractor and project team
- Conduct "what if" and schedule risk analysis when required to anticipate unforeseen changes to the project and quantify potential impact and mitigation planning that the project obtains project controls support needed to achieve business and project goals and objectives
- Master/Diploma degree in Engineering/Construction or equivalent technical discipline with depending on the job level from at least 3 years to at least 7 years of relevant professional experience
- Team player with advanced communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of the interrelationship of a good technical project scope definition, quality of the schedule and estimate, construction sequence and execution, procurement and contracting strategies, commissioning and start up
- Fundamental understanding of resource planning, productivity factors, construction workflows, etc
- Proficient user of Primavera 6 and Primavera Risk Analysis
- Fluency in English and German
What to expect from OMV:
- Our aim is to create an inclusive work environment and culture, where people from all backgrounds can contribute and flourish. We have a strong culture of collaboration where Team Spirit, Accountability, Passion, Pioneering Spirit and Performance are key.
- As part of our People strategy to develop and increase our female leadership representation, we welcome female applicants.
We offer you:
- The opportunity to join an internationally renowned company in a fast moving business sector, providing excellent development opportunities
- We offer an attractive compensation package that matches your qualifications and professional experience. The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement amounts depending on the job level and your experience between EUR 60.838,- to EUR 69.811,- all in. Depending on skills and specific experience, over-payment is possible. OMV also offers additional benefits and relocation packages for international moves.
- Place of work: Schwechat, Austria
In the meantime, we welcome you to follow us on LinkedIn to stay up to date with news, articles and jobs.
Are you interested in joining our team?
Please apply online
OMV is an equal opportunity employer.