Nice Code Valley is looking for you:
Graz/Vienna - Full Time
Do you firmly believe that all-important decisions should be based on data and that the data stream should never be interrupted? Are you passionate about insights, and taking a look behind the scenes here has piqued your interest? You like your current job, but the company philosophy leaves you cold, and the benefits could be better?
Then come on down to the Nice Code Valley and join our Data & Analytics team!
Here, you will be surrounded by like-minded people working daily on developing our data pipelines and improving the data quality. You will conduct requirement analysis and translate requirements into scalable data pipelines. In addition, you will work with Data Analysts and Data Scientists to extend current data sources.
As a Data Engineer, you will…
- build and support scalable data pipelines from various sources (API, FTP, streaming, cloud storage buckets, etc.) with data in various formats (JSON, CSV, tab-delimited, XML, etc.),
- perform web scraping,
- analyze raw data sources and data transformation requirements,
- work closely with our Data Analysts & Data Scientists to build enriched data sources for better support of current and future analytical insights,
- perform ongoing research to explore new features, versions, and related technologies, and provide recommendations to enhance our offerings,
- create and document functional and technical specifications.
Your Backpack - What should you bring to the Valley?
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field
- 0-1 years of experience in Data Engineering (DWH, data marts, and related methodologies) A strong understanding of relational database principles, performance monitoring, and tuning
- Strong in SQL (advanced functions) and Python
- Experience with distributed source control tools and development workflow
- Knowledge of extracting and ingesting data from websites using crawling tools
- Ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve live data systems issues
- Be self-driven, and show the ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or noisy data
- Working proficiency in English - both written and spoken
Nice to have
- Experience with GCP environment and strong working knowledge of the platforms' services for supporting data pipelines and analytics
- Experience working in large data warehouse environments (BigQuery) and creating streaming data pipelines
- Proven track record of delivering solutions to a production environment
I WANT THIS JOB!
I know someone ...
Data & Analytics
Gross salary between EUR2.700,- and EUR 3.000,- per month, depending on your individual travel luggage. We'll define your actual salary together with you.
Can you hear the Valley calling?
Yes? - then discover what's waiting for you!
I WANT TO FOLLOW THE CALL
You want to know the whole truth about the Valley?
Find employer reviews on Kununu and Great Place To Work.
You're asking yourself: what is happening in the Nice Code Valley?
Logistics, E-Commerce, Finance, UX, Frontend, Backend, D&A, Machine Learning, Core Development, API Implementation and so much more …
We're currently operating 47 online shops with more than 400 frontends in 17 languages in over 150 countries. Over 2 million orders leave our warehouse in Saaz every year. Our customers see cool frontends and they're excited about a smooth e-commerce experience.
But what happens behind the scenes? It's all about Disco. Sounds weird, huh? Every single day we're having fun with our DISCO, a software that we developed. It includes pretty much everything that we need for a modern e-commerce service: we have our own ERP system, so we can manage and maintain our end customers in our backend. Our storage system is a 100 % developed by niceshops. It's based on the needs of our colleagues in logistics and not on standard solutions. In our CMS we manage about 10 million products per year, which then lead to 4 million happy niceshops customers.
I WANT THIS JOB!