Principal Scientist Bioprocess Development (f/m/d)
Research & Development
Within this bioprocess research-based position, you will be part of Boehringer Ingelheim's initiative to innovate virus-based therapeutics, being a key interface to other sites involved in bringing this therapeutic approach to the patient.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Develop and implement innovative upstream, downstream and/or formulation process technologies for efficient manufacturing of oncolytic viruses
- Develop next generation methods for purifying or characterizing viruses
- Develop and maintain corresponding SOPs and batch-specifications. Write project and study plans and sound scientific reports; present and discuss data in the project review teams
- Work in close collaboration with other internal project teams and external partners to bring virus-based therapeutics to the patient; presentation of work in scientific conferences
- Coach and guide a team of Lab Scientists
- PhD (Biotechnology, Bioengineering, Life Sciences or equivalent) with a strong focus on upstream or downstream process development or Chromatography/Bio-separation, with additional postdoc experience
- Expertise in manufacturing of virus-based biologics, hands-on experience and knowledge of preparative chromatography or tangential-flow filtration is an advantage
- Evidence of scientific rigor and excellence as documented by first author peer-reviewed publications
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to respond to changing priorities, ability to identify problems and hands-on approach to work towards solutions; scientific project management experience is an asset
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills willing to work in a company where personal engagement and empowerment combined with accountability is highly supported
- The position requires excellent English communication skills, both spoken and written. German language skills would be highly appreciated (otherwise willingness to learn German)
- You will have the unique possibility to drive research towards a novel cancer therapy. We offer a responsible position with multifaceted and exciting tasks in an engaged scientific team.
- Work within the concentrated, science driven atmosphere of a small biotech company whilst at the same time benefit from being part of the global group of Boehringer Ingelheim, one of the pharmaceutical industry's top 20 companies worldwide.
- For this position, we offer a competitive salary considering your expertise and personal competencies as well as your professional experience.
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package, flexible working times, great team spirit, and free coffee in the office. The annual base salary for this position starts at 70.000 Euro gross (full time). The actual base salary will be in line with your qualification, experience, and individual competencies.
WHO WE ARE
ViraTherapeutics is a subsidiary of the Boehringer Ingelheim group of companies: a perfect symbiosis of big pharma and a biotech start-up vibe. Located in the beautiful city of Innsbruck, Austria - a great place to live and to work - our dedicated Research & Development team develops innovative viral-based immune-oncology treatment options.
READY TO CONTACT US?
ViraTherapeutics GmbH, Dr. Knut Elbers, Bundesstraße 27, 6063 Rum, Austria, www.viratherapeutics.com
We are looking forward to receiving your application via our application portal so that we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Please send us your relevant application documents, including CV and certificates by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.