EHS Manager (m/w/d)
Location: Schrems, Austria
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work.
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As an EHS Manager, you will provide environmental, health, safety, and security leadership to the site Plant Schrems. You will also take full responsibility as the "Sicherheitsfachkraft" to Austrian legal entity.
Your key deliverables:
- Directing EHS activities at Schrems Plant
- Establishing EHS objectives and targets
- Internal Reporting of EHS performance
- Communication of national, area and local regulatory requirements. Handle the contact to the local authorities as the function SFK "Sicherheitsfachkraft" in Austria
- Supporting the development and deployment of EHS management systems (ISO 14001 / OHSAS 18001) as well as the continuous improvement of the EHS system at Schrems Plant
- Monitoring and analyzing EHS metrics and establish action plans to close gaps
- Assuring closure of MESH and regulatory findings on a timely basis
- Managing interfaces with the public authorities regarding Environmental, Health, Safety and Security topics in Austria
- Creating a strong EHS culture that engages employees throughout the sites in EHS teams and processes
- Inspects incidents (including near misses, releases and losses) and accidents to direct preventive and corrective action plans
Do you have?
- Degree in occupational safety, industrial hygiene, environmental discipline or equivalent
- Professional Safety Certification (e.g. "Sicherheitsfachkraft" or equivalent) required
- EOQ certified Manager and Auditor for EHS and Process Management recommended
- Proficiency in local languages (German) as well as English in spoken and written form
- Three+ years' experience in Environmental Management Systems
- Deep knowledge in various standards for management systems (eg. ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and understanding of national laws to drive legal compliance
- Working knowledge of quality and EHS tools eg. Statistic methods, problem solving, continuous improvement, occupational health & safety, industrial hygiene
- Experienced in contact with public authorities
- Experienced in leading functional and cross-functional teams
- Ability to work under pressure and make decisions close to time
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong team building as well as organization skills
- Ability to demonstrate managerial courage
- Lead and support functional and cross-functional teams
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great promotional opportunities - We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Culture & Values - We are more than the products we invent and produce - the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are - both individually and as an organization - and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term - not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
- Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it's about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Our management style at Eaton is characterized by ethical, passionate, responsible, efficient and transparent action, we are constantly learning.
The salary range for this position is above the collective agreement and, depending on training, qualifications and professional experience, is from EUR 65.000 gross annually.