VRVis, Austrias largest research institute for Visual Computing is looking for a skilled and creative mind to join us contributing to climate change adaptation.
Post Doc Research Engineer (f/m/d) for Artificial Intelligence in Environmental Simulation for Climate-Adapted Planning
We offer an open-ended position for a PostDoc (f/m/d) who will support our research and development of environmental simulations in the context of practical climate-sensitive planning. The results will be integrated into the software Visdom, VRVis simulation software solution for decision support in climate change adaptation and disaster management.
You will join our Integrated Simulations R&D-team of highly motivated researchers and software engineers who enjoy finding innovative solutions in a constructive and friendly atmosphere.
- Head the AI competence in our research group
- Accelerate simulations with data-driven and physics-driven AI in the microclimate and water domain
- Develop solutions to derive parameters from images and sensor data (photos, satellite imagery)
- Supervise PhD and Master students and publish own research results
- PhD degree focusing on AI methods in mathematics, physics, environmental engineering, computer science, or a related field
- Experience in applying AI techniques to solve complex real-world problems
- Good programming skills
- Good command of written and spoken English; German is appreciated, but not required
- Nice to have: Understanding of computational fluid dynamics or microclimate modelling
- Nice to have: Knowledge of numerical schemes to solve partial differential equations
- Work in an exciting innovation-oriented environment on one of the most pressing challenges of our time, contributing to climate change adaptation and disaster management, by providing society with simulation tools for a better understanding of future scenarios and the impact of decisions to be made
- Permanent position, full- or part-time
- Flexible, family-friendly working hours, home office option, well-equipped workplace
- Location: Vienna, Austria, with easy access to the office by means of public transport (subway U1, stop Kaisermühlen / VIC)
- Salary according to collective labor agreement (IT-Kollektivvertrag) with overpay depending on qualification and previous professional experience
Under Austrian law, we are obliged to state the minimum salary for the position, which is about 50.000 EUR yearly gross for full-time employment (38,5 h/w). As such, it is only the baseline for negotiations.
Applications are welcome
We are looking forward to receiving your application. Please forward your documents to Franziska Steyer-Beerman via e-mail to:
VRVis being an equal opportunity employer would like to counter the lack of female researchers in the visual computing field. Therefore, we highly encourage female candidates to apply.
VRVis Zentrum für Virtual Reality und Visualisierung Forschungs-GmbH