Senior Front-End Engineer for Web Portal Solutions (all genders)
Banking has a name. And we create it.
For 9 million customers across Europe, George stands for a digital banking experience that combines design and technology on an open platform. At Erste Digital, we strive for everyone. We achieve this by empowering people to understand, manage and, last but not least, enjoy one of their most personal things: their money.
Join us in our agile environment and make banking simple, intelligent and personal again!
Our team delivers and runs Erste Group's web portals and content management system, serving more than 200 web portals and several web applications throughout the markets Erste Group is present. As a cross functional team of engineers with different specializations we closely collaborate with various business units, with one common goal in mind: Allow Erste Group and its local banks to offer a consistent and engaging user experience across their web portals and applications for their customers and anyone who is looking to become one.
What you'll bring with you
- You'll use Git, code reviews and pair programming to collaborate with the development team and write unit-tests to deliver high quality, maintainable code
- Your frustration with inconsistent and slow web sites/applications keeps you going until the implementations are seamless and fluid
- Your passion for technology will help the team keep the front-end architecture fresh, refactor dated code and introduce modern and stable technologies
- Any prototyping skills you bring allow you to get feedback and iterate on ideas, help product owners understand the concept and get buy-in from stakeholders
We like you because
- Playing well in a team and has strong analytical and solution-oriented thinking
- Taking responsibility, committing her/himself to the team's goals, going the extra mile
- Being open-minded and acknowledges different perspectives and opinions
- Growing from feedback and enjoys learning
- Welcoming being challenged and respectfully challenges colleagues
- Motivating by sharing experience, giving feedback, and supporting team members
Why you will like us
- We are a team of people enthusiastic about building software, who love to exchange ideas and push their own boundaries as well as those of the environment.
- We are open-minded, questioning the status-quo and challenging our own as well as others' ideas, assuring that we do the right thing.
- We put people first, caring for your personal well-being and actively supporting your personal development (with access to online learning platforms, conference participation, individual training, etc.).
- We believe that empowering people to do their job well gives the best results, and therefore provide you with everything you need to get your job done.
- We provide the environment for you to thrive, allowing you to learn from others as well as be able to weight in your experience, knowledge, and interests to move the team forward.
- We guarantee a competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications is granted - the minimum wage for this position in accordance with the respective collective agreement is EUR 52.220, - gross per year. But this is just a formality - we would be happy to talk about your actual salary in person!
The way we are
As an employee of Erste Digital, the success of our people is more than a motto, it's our manifest. We nurture a work environment where age, skin colour, gender, sexual orientation and cultural background are seen as the key to our success - we live diversity!
If you've got this far
It seems we have your interest. If you think you are a good fit for this position, please get in touch with us, we'd love to catch up.
Apply for this Job