EODC specialises in the field of Earth Observation. We operate public cloud computing infrastructure and a multi-petabyte high-speed storage system, connected to Austria's most powerful computer, the VSC-4 (Vienna Scientific Cluster).
The EODC Earth Observation Data Centre for Water Resources Monitoring GmbH is looking for an
IT System Engineer - Virtualisation and Monitoring
Full-time or Part-time; Unlimited Contract; Vienna, Austria
What you'll be doing
- Overall system support, focused on expansion and upkeep of Linux based infrastructure.
- Expand and improve logging and monitoring infrastructure.
- Deploy and maintain highly available web services.
- System design, development, and maintenance.
- Operate in an IT service based environment.
- Responsibilities within our cloud environment.
What you'll offer
- Minimum 2 years relevant professional experience.
- Strong knowledge in Linux - RHCSA or equivalent experience.
- Good knowledge of open source monitoring and log centralisation solutions e.g. Icinga, Prometheus, Elastic stack, fluentd.
- Knowledge and understanding of container technologies, e.g. Docker, Podman.
- Experience with Linux based virtualisation.
- Excellent know-how and security aware usage of open source web technologies and databases, such as NGINX, haproxy, PostgreSQL, SSL/TLS.
- Understanding of high-availability and load balancing concepts.
- An analytical approach to troubleshooting.
What we value
- Open-source software.
- Linux and CLI.
- Eagerness to understand what makes things work.
- An ability to explain concepts at varying levels of technical understanding
- Fresh ideas, insights and solution-oriented response to challenges.
- A passion for technology across the board.
- Independent, responsible, and flexible work organisation.
What we'll offer
- Flexible working hours.
- An environment to learn with opportunities for further training.
- A role in an established, international and enthusiastic company.
- Exciting project-based work.
- A friendly workplace with a view on employee growth.
- Minimum EUR 3.100,- (38.5 hours/week) depending on qualifications and experience based upon collective agreement: Dienstleistungen in der automatischen Datenverarbeitung und Informationstechnik, KV Gruppe: "ST1".
Join our Team!
We look forward to receiving your job application (motivation letter and CV) to email@example.com
EODC Earth Observation Data Centre for Water Resources Monitoring GmbH