Senior Non-Life Actuary (m/f/d)
As one of the leading insurance companies, we know that together we can achieve more. At UNIQA, we are therefore the community for a better life. We use our individual skills to shape the future together. Tell us about your strengths and apply as a Senior Non-Life Actuary (m/f/d)
UNIQA Group, one of the best branded Insurance Groups operating in CEE, is searching for motivated people supporting the group-wide mathematical unit for Property & Casualty insurance (i.e. the Actuarial Non-Life team) in the UNIQA Group Actuarial Department.
The primary objective of the open position is being the functional lead in Solvency 2 topics guiding other team members in dealing with complex tasks in an international context. You will work on Group solutions / standards helping to fulfill regulatory requirements and interpret KPIs for upper management.
To support our young and dynamic team in various tasks, we are looking for an ambitious and service-oriented Senior Non-Life Actuary with a sound knowledge in Solvency 2 / IFRS 17 / insurance mathematics and statistical modelling.
You can expect well-established and advanced reserving processes and techniques giving many insides into the Non-Life business, which should be the base for further improvements. There are also a lot of new challenges in the new IFRS 17 regime which will be compared to Solvency 2 and there are chances to further improve the actuarial methodologies. Moreover, we are offering continues education possibilities within UNIQA Group ("lifelong learning").
What to expect:
- Methodological lead in Solvency 2 actuarial tasks: parameterization of our Internal Model and calculation of Technical Provisions in Economic Balance Sheet
- Taking modelling decisions in S2-context and giving input to strategic decisions
- Supporting colleagues in the Group's Solvency 2 process: Technical Provisions & Underwriting Risk Non-Life
- Communication and interpretation of results to management and important stakeholders
- Implementing new regulatory requirements and roll-out internationally
- Supporting the claims reserving process including reserve risk analysis
- Know-How / Best practice transfer & training within the Group
- Supporting / Validating closing processes (S2, IFRS 17) in UNIQA subsidiaries
- Calculation and validation of claims reserves in different GAAPs (local GAAP, IFRS 17, Solvency II)
- Leading & collaboration in group-projects
- Further development of existing tools & templates (Excel, VBA, SAS, R, Python)
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience preferably in reserving and Solvency 2 context
- University degree in actuarial science, mathematics or statistics
- Deep understanding of Solvency 2 & Non-Life reserving techniques (deterministic & stochastic)
- Good knowledge of accounting regimes (local GAAP, IFRS)
- Excellent know-how of MS Office, VBA programming is a plus
- Knowledge of at least one programming language (e.g. VBA, R, Python)
- Ability to communicate to all levels of an organization
- Team player mentality with the ability to guide colleagues
- Advanced Project Management skills
- Fluent in English and good German skills, CE / SEE language of advantage
Your core competencies:
- Action Oriented: We take action and learn from our mistakes
- Ensures Accountability: We empower each other to take responsibility
- Instills Trust: We keep our promises
- Collaborates: We collaborate beyond conventional boundaries
- Finding effective solutions: You aim for simple feasible solutions. You ensure the efficient use of your team′s resources
At UNIQA, we live diversity. We recognize and foster the value of different perspectives in our teams and leadership positions. Therefore, we welcome applications that enrich our diversity.
You are not sure if you meet our requirements? Apply anyway! UNIQA is looking for candidates with drive, courage to change and enthusiasm!
JOB KEY FACTS
Location: Wien, AT
Hours per week: 38,5
Annual minimum salary gross (Euro): 44.591
Start Date: from now on
You strive for more than the minimum - so do we! We will agree on your actual salary depending on your education and experience during the recruiting process.
We look forward to getting to know you in a first interview online. Additional meetings are held in person at our head quarters in Vienna.
Your benefits at one sight:
- Flexible working hours through flexitime agreements, possibility for Home Office
- Challenging topics in a dynamic working environment
- Central role in the development of the digital future of UNIQA Insurance Group
- Company pension scheme
- Multinational working environment and collaborations across UNIQA Insurance Group
- Company outings and events to improve team spirit and teamwork
- Office in the heart of Vienna
- Our headquarters, the innovative UNIQA Tower, offers open structures, relaxing break areas, a restaurant with high quality and inexpensive lunches as well as a café and a discounted membership for the in-house gym (John Harris).
- Onboarding program, guidance and support from experienced colleagues and leaders since day one
- Open communication and feedback culture within the company
- Family-friendly company including additional benefits
- Appealing career opportunities and a wide range of further education
- Solution-oriented external consulting & coaching for all employees and their relatives (online or on-site, at 9 locations in Austria)
Check for our UNIQA Tower Tour here!
Your Person of Contact
HR Business Partnerin
Untere Donaustraße 21
A - 1029 Wien
+43 664 888 269 85
Apply now »