Working with us means believing in the future; in the great people who are shaping it together every day and in the wide-ranging career paths it opens up. #believeinyourself
Group Controlling Expert (all genders)
Occupation Area: Financial management and controlling
Company: Erste Group Bank AG
Erste Group was founded in 1819 as the first Austrian savings bank and today it is one of the largest banking groups in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). As an attractive employer, Erste Group offers interesting career opportunities in an international environment.
The team Controlling Analysis is responsible for the maintenance and development of the group-wide performance measurement and reporting framework (GPM). As part of this responsibility, it serves as the main point of contact for local CNTR units, other Group Steering Functions and Group Business Units, as well as Group BIC regarding Controlling methodology, systems and data. It also covers the performance of ad-hoc analyses as well as the creation of group-wide performance reports, especially for counterparts in Group Retail and Group Corporates. The team is part of the department Group Performance Management, which is in charge of planning, measuring and managing the financial performance of Erste Group. Given these topics it acts as a financial advisor to the main decision body in EG, i.e. Holding Board.
- Continuous self-advancement in general and EG specific banking and Controlling know-how.
- Adhoc Reports, special analysis (especially for retail & corporates), fee statistical modelling and stresstests
- Transferring controlling know-how into conceptional data modelling
- Creation and interpretation of standard reports and ad-hoc analyses to gain and provide deeper insights into the financial performance of Erste Group and its components. This particularly covers the development of report prototypes and data sets based on SQL as well as cube technology
- Maintenance and development of Erste Group's performance measurement and reporting framework (GPM). This involves strong cooperation and alignment with local Controlling colleagues, other Group Steering Functions (ALM, Risk, Accounting) and Group Business Units
- Representation of Group Controlling as business partner towards IT. This covers the participation in the design, testing, maintenance and further development of our key reporting and calculation systems
- Execution of these tasks will require a strong degree of data management, including data modeling, selection, manipulation, quality assurance, and presentation
- Team player with a university degree in Finance or IT with financial/economic background
- Minimum 5 years' experience in finance, banking or controlling and preferably in IT/data management
- Strong in analytical and statistical thinking with advanced communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to pro-actively gather and share knowledge as well as to take on tasks individually
- Advanced experience in handling and processing data in relational databases and multidimensional cubes (OLAP) via e.g. SQL or XLCubed Advanced experience in modelling data using R, Phyton for forecasting and stresstesting
- Knowledge in relation to big data and data science
- Experience in project management
- Motivation to develop and work in the diverse field of Controlling where you will cooperate with people from many different disciplines as well as cultural and professional backgrounds
- Excellent English skills in written and spoken, German would be an advantage
- We are a multi-cultural team with an excellent working atmosphere. You will get a comprehensive view on our bank, tapping into various different disciplines and topics, such as information management, costs & income, asset/liability management, risk and capital management or current & future performance of the company.
- Hence, we offer an environment where people can continuously grow and develop their personal career as well as make an important contribution to the success of Erste Group.
- Discover and enjoy the benefits of Erste Group
- The minimum wage for this full-time position in accordance with the collective agreement with complete fulfillment of the functional profile is EUR 40.635,-- gross per year. But this is just a formality - we would be happy to talk about your actual salary in person!
- We offer our employees the opportunity to divide their hours between working from home and at the office.
- Erste Group considers the diversity of its employees as key to innovation and success. As employer we are proud to offer everyone equal chances, irrespective of age, skin colour, religious belief, gender, sexual orientation or origin.