The EODC Earth Observation Data Centre for Water Resources Monitoring GmbH (EODC) specialises in the field of Earth Observation. We operate public cloud computing infrastructure and a multi petabyte high-speed storage system, connected to Austria's most powerful computer, the VSC-4 (Vienna Scientific Cluster).
To strengthen its team, the EODC is looking for a
Data Pipeline - Software Engineer
Full-time; Unlimited Contract; Vienna, Austria
What you'll be doing
- Support the requirements engineering process by means of specification, verification, and validation as well as the management of requirements in the product design phase.
- Coordination and guidance throughout the software product development lifecycle.
- Ensure the integration of high-quality software products into the service landscape.
- Develop and operate IT services with focus on earth observation applications and support the service design and transition process.
- Build and maintain data pipelines tailored for batch and real time processing of terabytes of satellite data.
- Investigate and make use of existing and emerging cloud native technologies for earth observation applications.
- Assist and collaborate in IT service management processes.
What you offer
- Minimum of three years work experience as software engineer, IT system engineer or big data engineer.
- Profound knowledge in the Python programming language and corresponding software libraries for image processing, data manipulation and analysis.
- Preferably knowledge in an additional programming language such as Java, Scala, Julia, R or C/C++ as well as in Bash scripting.
- Experience with container technologies (Docker, podman) and container orchestration engines such as Docker Swarm, Kubernetes or okd.
- Evangelist for DevOps concepts such as Infrastructure as Code
- Basic knowledge in setting up CI/CD pipelines, utilise configuration management tools (Ansible), facilitate IaC tools (Packer, Terraform) and deploy monitoring and logging infrastructure (Prometheus, Elastic, fluentd)
- Understanding concepts related to distributed/parallel computing frameworks (Dask, Apache Spark/Hadoop), workflow orchestration tools (Apache Airflow, Prefect) or streaming frameworks (Apache Storm, Kafka)
- Experience in the management of software development projects and excellent communication skills.
- Good command of both English and German languages.
- Eager to develop in an IT service management environment.
What we value
- Good self-assessment.
- Solution-oriented work organisation.
- Enthusiasm to take on new challenges.
- Independent, responsible, and flexible work organisation.
- Decision-making committed action.
- Excellent organisational skills, with a structured and goal-oriented approach in task management.
- Team player with interest in its interdisciplinary work environment.
What we offer
- Flexible working hours.
- An environment to learn with opportunities for further training.
- A role in an established, international, and enthusiastic company.
- Exciting project-based work.
- A friendly workplace with a view on employee growth.
- Minimum gross salary of EUR 3.100,- (38,5 hours/week) depending on qualifications and experience based upon collective agreement: Dienstleistungen in der automatischen Datenverarbeitung und Informationstechnik, KV Gruppe: "ST1".
Join our Team!
We look forward to receiving your job application (motivation letter and CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org
EODC Earth Observation Data Centre for Water Resources Monitoring GmbH