Engineering Manager (f/m/d)
Why you'll love it here
- CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY PROGRAM
- LEADING TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
- FLEXIBLE WORKING TIME
- HOME OFFICE
- A MODERN AND STYLISH OFFICE SPACE
- ADDITIONAL PAID DAYS OFF
- ERGONOMIC WORKSPACE
- GLOBAL TEAM BUILDING EVENTS
- INTERNATIONAL & DIVERSE TEAM
- CUTTING-EDGE TECHNOLOGY
- INCLUSIVE & COLLABORATIVE ENVIRONMENT
- A WILD RIDE
If you are curious to work with innovative products, passionate about coding and highly skilled to bring our team to the next level, this is the right opportunity for you!
At Adverity, Engineering Managers play a major role in developing and nurturing our engineering team and culture. Next to guiding the way, coaching, mentoring and enabling a safe environment for efficient engineers to strive in, Engineering Managers ensure a consistent delivery of best user experiences to our customers and makes sure we are investing in the right technology. Through collaboration with peers across the organization, they help drive the global technology roadmap for Adverity and have a critical impact on our ability to scale the engineering team. We believe world-class engineering leadership is key for enabling the growth of our Engineers which in turn supports a continued success of our products.
This is a full-time position, where you can work either remotely or from our offices.
Some of the things you'll work on:
- Shape & align: Collaborate with Engineering Managers, Product Managers, and Engineers to define and drive initiatives and develop the delivery roadmap. Promote industry standards in engineering practices and techniques, including (but not limited to) cloud-based architectures, source control, DevOps, and security.
- Deliver value: Continuously improve how product development teams work in an Agile/Lean environment. Directly support and coach product development leads. Act as a facilitator. Identify and remove blockers. Constantly aim to increase the quality and effectiveness of product development processes. Deliver outstanding customer value.
- Foster professional growth: Inspire and empower through coaching, mentorship, and regular actionable feedback. Run regular 1:1s. Support individuals in planning their development within the Adverity Engineering Career Ladder context.
- Support team growth: Participate in hiring and onboarding of product development teams. Help to retain top engineering talents. Build a diverse, inclusive, and high-performing engineering team. Help with the effective engineering organization scaling, iterating on structure, processes, and tools along the way.
We're excited if you have:
- You led, managed, coached, and mentored product development teams toward delivering timely, high-quality software.
- You have direct management experience in an engineering team.
- You have solid experience working in an Agile/Lean development environment, a drive to deliver value early and often, constantly adapting to change, and the ability to manage engineering timelines for large software projects.
- Over-communication comes naturally to you. You are a good listener. You know how to advocate, persuade and negotiate with your peers. You enjoy writing things down to synthesize information.
- Bonus points:
- Ability to think strategically about mid and long-term projects and initiatives.
- Background as a Backend Software Engineer. We are looking for someone to complement the group of Engineering Managers, bringing a diverse perspective and direct experience.
- Experience leading remote teams based predominantly in Europe.
- Experience with B2B product-driven engineering teams.
Are you ready to apply?
The minimum salary denoted for legal reasons and according to the collective agreement (IT KV) is EUR 52.220. In any case, we offer competitive salaries depending on your qualifications and experience.
Apply now if you are ready to revolutionize the way businesses work with marketing data. We look forward to meeting you!
Our SaaS company was founded in Vienna in 2015, since then, Adverity has been driving marketing intelligence of some of the world's leading brands and agencies including IKEA, Red Bull, GroupM, Unilever, Omnicom, Barilla, JD Sports and Forbes. Our mission is to empower Marketing and E-Commerce business users with our Marketing Analytics platform: we leverage all their data and turn it into powerful insights, decisions and actions. How do we do it? At Adverity, we bring together international and diverse teams in an inclusive and safe environment. We believe in an entrepreneurial mindset, we help each other succeed, we strive to provide an awesome customer and employee experience, we prioritize work-life harmony and we dare to make mistakes to learn from them. If you share our values, Adverity is a great place for you!
Contact us if you have questions
Talent Acquisition Team