Research Laboratory Scientist(s): Cancer Immunology Research (f/m/d)
Entry Level & Graduates
Research & Development
We are seeking highly motivated Research Laboratory Scientists (f/m/d) to join our growing Cancer Immunology team in Vienna. Successful candidates will be using cutting-edge technologies to shape the next generation of cancer drugs. As we are aiming to fill several positions, roles will either be focusing on (1) T cell & dendritic cell (DC)-based functional assays, or on (2) single-cell RNA-Seq coupled with modern bioinformatics analysis, or on (3) state-of-the-art molecular biology including CRISPR/Cas9 and the generation of TCR-transgenic T cells for screens. These exciting roles offer a unique possibility to actively contribute at the forefront of drug discovery and to have an immediate impact on the development of novel cancer immunotherapies. The contract is limited to the end of 2026.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Design and perform cellular & genomic assays using dendritic cells (DC), T cells, or tumor cells
- Apply cutting-edge technologies, such as single cell RNA-seq (scRNA-Seq) and/or Ribo-Seq
- Isolate and characterize primary human T cells and tumor tissues. Measure antigen recognition in DC:T cell co-culture assays
- Use retroviral transduction for the generation of novel experimental systems (e.g., overexpression, CRISPR/Cas9, or RNAi)
- Establish and employ T cell reporter systems for flow cytometry-based immunology screens
- Execute experiments and evaluate data with growing independence
- A PhD in molecular biology or life sciences-related discipline. Candidates with a Master's degree and a strong scientific background that is relevant to our projects will also be considered. The working language is English
- Strong immunology and/or molecular biology expertise. Experience with techniques, such as qPCR, flow cytometry, CRISPR/Cas9, vector cloning, and/or T cell activation assays is a major plus
- For genomics/bioinformatics roles, experience with preparing NGS libraries or with R or Python-based RNA-seq data analysis is an advantage. Familiarity with HPC/Linux environments is a plus
- For T cell biology roles, any prior experience with T cell work and/or handling of DCs is a huge plus
- Flexible working time models/home office depending on the position
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective bargaining agreement for this position is EUR 39.625,32 (full time), although the actual salary is based on your technical skills and personal competencies as well as your professional experience.
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
- Work with us on the health of humans and animals - do something meaningful!!
- As a family-run company we offer long-term and stable jobs and value sustainability
- We offer you an innovative working environment and a responsible and versatile tasks
- Work in Vienna Meidling together with more than 3,080 employees on international projects. A team of over 40 nationalities is waiting for you!
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal, we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Sonia Arzt.
On our career site you will find further interesting information about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
Is the position interesting for someone you know? Recommend us!