Our company is a world leading supplier of high-quality powders based on the metal tungsten. Our products are used in the manufacture of high-tech components in the tooling, automotive, aerospace, energy, infrastructure, electronics and mining industry. The raw materials for our complex production processes come from our own mine, other concentrates and the recycling of production waste and scrap. Our company is a strategically important part of the global Sandvik Group.
For our location in St. Martin im Sulmtal / Austria we are looking for a
R&D Professional / Hydrometallurgy and Raw Materials (m/w/d)
You will be part of a dedicated team creating knowledge, based on research and development, for the utilization of tungsten containing raw materials as well as developing new and existing processes to move production technologies and processes into the future.
- Planning, preparation and realization of research, development and technology activities starting with lab scale experiments and drawing a bow to (funded) projects and supporting realization projects
- Development of new or optimized process routes, strategies and intermediate products based on the data and results produced in research as well as on chemical and physical principles
- Extending the knowledge and know-how on tungsten containing raw materials and their utilization by reviewing literature and visiting relevant events as well as publishing scientific findings
- You work as part of a local team of experienced technicians and professionals in the field of tungsten containing raw materials, with production departments
You finished studying chemistry with focus on inorganic chemistry or technology, are interested in hydrometallurgical processes or have experience with wet chemistry
- You have an open, analytical, and well-structured mindset and like to work in a team to develop new and sometimes obscure concepts and ideas
- Knowledge about tungsten would be desirable but can be developed by training
- You are familiar with the common Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Good English-speaking skills, and you are happy to improve your German.
- Good communication and presenting skills
A role with demanding challenges and the chance to contribute with your knowledge and experience to support shaping the hydrometallurgical production processes of the future.
- We offer company benefits like lunch allowance in the company canteen, health promotion, staff events, accident insurance
- Flexible working hours through flextime with the possibility for teleworking are a given for us
- Based on the collective bargaining agreement we offer you an annual gross salary starting from EUR 59.000. Your actual salary will be market competitive and takes individual qualification and experience into account.
Are you interested in this exciting new role in an inclusive company?
Please apply via the online tool of the Sandvik group www.sandvik.com/careers (Job-ID: R0048288). For further information please contact Gabriele Hesse, +43 3465 7077 272.
Find out more about us: www.wolfram.at