EODC Earth Observation Data Centre GmbH specialises in the field of Earth Observation. We operate and maintain multiple public and private cloud computing infrastructures, handle petabyte scale storage systems, and provide our storage to some of Austria's most powerful computers, including the VSC-5 (Vienna Scientific Cluster).
IT Network Automation Engineer (f/m/d)
Full-time | Hybrid Work | Unlimited Contract | Vienna, Austria
What you'll be doing
In an internationally orientated company, serving customers from the private and public domains throughout Europe and beyond, you will be working together in a larger team with a focus on diverse IT topics. Getting hands on with some of the latest hardware and technology stacks, you will contribute towards network design, automation, and optimisation. Focussing on advancing and improving our network and server connectivity you will be utilising current best practices and modern technology stacks.
You'll be working alongside our existing network engineers in topics such as:
- Networking hardware - Cumulus Linux and HPE/Aruba.
- Data centre network automation - Design, operation, and expansion.
- Host networking configuration and optimisation.
- Network troubleshooting L2/L3.
- NFV, BGP, EVPN VXLAN overlay, BGP, NVMeOF, RoCE, LACP, STP, PFC+ECN, DSCP.
- Optimising hardware-offloading.
- Taking part in knowledge sharing as part of our "no black boxes" team approach.
- Mentoring and training.
- Software defined networking, and IaC.
What you'll offer
- Several years' experience working as a network engineer.
- Strong understanding of overlay networking, routing protocols, DC connectivity.
- Proficiency with protocols and technologies mentioned above.
- Comfortable working with Python, Ansible, Jinja, and REST APIs.
- A good understanding of Automation technologies (e.g. Ansible, Terraform) and the ability to articulate the value of Network Automation.
- Network Operations, or NOC, experience including Incident Management, Change Management, IPAM tools.
- Experience with network availability and capacity monitoring (e.g. sFlow, SNMP).
Any experience in the following areas is appreciated but not required:
- HPC interconnects - Infiniband, OPA
- Fibre Channel
- Ethernet-based SANs
What we like
- Bringing modern technologies to operational status.
- Eagerness to understand what makes things work.
- An ability to explain concepts at varying levels of technical understanding.
- Linux, open source-software, command-line interfaces, reproducibility.
- Fresh ideas, insights, and solution-oriented response to challenges.
- Independent, responsible, and flexible work organisation.
What we'll offer
- A minimum monthly gross salary starting from EUR 3.190 (38,5 hours a week) based upon the collective agreement "Dienstleistungen in der automatischen Datenverarbeitung und Informationstechnik", KV Gruppe "ST1".
- Overpayment to be expected depending on qualifications and experience.
- Generous opportunities for professional development.
- Flexitime working model with home office possibilities.
- A modern office with easy public transportation access, bicycle friendly, ample parking options, on-site cafeteria, and green surroundings.
- Eligibility for various discount schemes.
- A permanent role in an established, international, and enthusiastic company.
Join our Team!
Please submit your application and any accompanying documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
EODC Earth Observation Data Centre for Water Resources Monitoring GmbH