Senior Expert Engineering (f/m/d), Tyrol, Schaftenau, Austria
350+! The quantity of different syringe, cartridge, vial and kit components used by Novartis drug and device combination products. This new role is waiting for you to engage in maintaining or developing and implementing the next generation parenteral and ophthalmic container closure systems in the Global Packaging and Device Development organization.
Your key responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Lead prefilled syringe, safety device and cartridge packaging development activities with the project team members for assigned drug device combination product projects.
• Maintain knowledge in the areas of container and device materials and manufacturing and support project specific 3rd party management.
• Conduct feasibility assessments on new technology/ packaging concepts.
• Develop early and late phase packaging prototypes using rapid prototyping, machined and/or soft tooling.
• Conduct design for manufacture assessments and tolerance stack analyses.
• Support development activities including but not limited to primary packaging selection studies and testing and change control.
• Establish general guidance for packaging technology development.
• Disseminate knowledge and awareness of packaging technology within the wider organization and contribute to publications, presentations, and patents.
• Support the definition of packaging technology strategy and roadmap.
• Support internal & external audits on packaging and medical devices related matters.
• Drive preparation of the function related documents for registration of medical device/combination products and provide input to health authority questions.
• Additional mutually agreed roles defined by trainings assigned.
What you'll bring to the role:
• Advanced degree in a scientific, engineering or relevant discipline (Ph.D. or equivalent)
• Good knowledge of English (oral and written), desirable knowledge of German
• Successfully demonstrated several years (3-5 years) experience in sterile primary packaging, medical device or pharma industry or equivalent
• Thorough understanding of medical device s development processes and knowledge of related basic regulations
• Strong communication and presentation skills + strong scientific and technical writing skills
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we're proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people's lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world's toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
In addition to a market-competitive base salary, we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, childcare facilities, learning and development options as well as worldwide career opportunities within the Novartis group. In accordance with Austrian law, we are obliged to disclose the minimum salary as stated in the collective bargaining agreement. For this position the minimum salary is EUR 52.204,04/year (on a full time basis). In most cases, the actual salary will be higher, as we strive to maintain a competitive position in the market and consider your previous experience, qualifications and individual competencies.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse team's representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Our recruitment decisions are based on selecting the best person for the job, regardless of gender, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.