Senior Expert Technical Marketing - Automotive (f/m/d)
Overview of OMV
OMV produces and markets oil and gas, as well as chemical products and solutions in a responsible way and develops innovative solutions for a circular economy. With Group sales revenues of EUR 36 bn and a workforce of around 22,400 employees in 2021, OMV is one of Austria's largest listed industrial companies. In Exploration & Production, OMV has a strong base in Central and Eastern Europe as well as a balanced international portfolio, with Middle East & Africa, the North Sea and Asia-Pacific as core regions. Daily average production was 486,000 boe/d in 2021 with an emphasis on natural gas. In Refining & Marketing, OMV operates three refineries in Europe and owns a 15% share in ADNOC Refining and ADNOC Global Trading, with a total processing capacity of around 500,000 bbl/d. Furthermore, OMV operates about 2,100 filling stations in ten European countries and runs gas storage facilities in Austria and Germany. In 2021, total natural gas sales volumes amounted to 196 TWh. In Chemicals & Materials, OMV, through its subsidiary Borealis, is one of the world's leading providers of advanced and circular polyolefin solutions and a European market leader in base chemicals, fertilizers and the mechanical recycling of plastics. The company supplies services and products to customers around the globe through Borealis and its two important joint ventures: Borouge (with ADNOC, based in UAE and Singapore) and Baystar(tm) (with TotalEnergies, based in the US). Sustainability is an integral part of OMV's corporate strategy. OMV supports the transition to a lower-carbon economy and has set measurable targets for reducing carbon intensity as well as for the implementation of new energy and petrochemical solutions.
a lower-carbon economy and has set measurable targets for reducing carbon intensity.
Sustainability: Our approach
Due to our international activities in Exploration & Production, Refining & Marketing and Chemicals & Materials we can provide interesting and diverse job opportunities with excellent scope for career development. You can learn more about the world of OMV below:
- In this technical creative position you will join the transition of classical fuels to sustainable fuel types with ensuring the application safety in combustion engines of any kind and future powertrain solutions
- You will be in charge of technology monitoring of further developments in the combustion engine and alternative powertrain sector as well as deriving recommendations for action for new fields of innovation and product developments also with future synthetic fuels
- Regulary analyzing and evaluation competitive products and competitors as well as monitoring technology of further developments in the combustion engine and alternative drive sector keeps you up to date
- You will be responsible for the expansion and maintenance of the competence network with Original Equipment Manufacturers, suppliers and universities
- Furthermore you develop technical claims for product marketing
- Steering the future of our products by creating the catalogue of requirements for future product developments makes this job unique
- Perform market analyzes and business concepts for new products are key for the decision process of new products
- Conducting training courses for internal and external customers with a special focus on application technology and support sales departments rounds up your role
- You hold a university degree (master/diploma) in mechanical engineering or in a similar technical field with least 7 years of relevant professional experience in the automotive, mineral oil industry or similar
- You are up to date with existing and future powertrain technologies and fuel types and interested in their future development
- Experience in the Automotive industry, Mineral Oil industry or similar kind of industry provides you with the right level of knowledge needed
- Project Management skills give you the skill set to implement your ideas
- Fluent German and English is necessary for your daily communication
What to expect from OMV:
- We believe that we can only evolve and thrive as a company with a highly diverse mix of employees and by ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have a strong culture of collaboration where Team Spirit, Accountability, Passion, Pioneering Spirit and Performance are key.
- We will encourage you to take on new responsibilities, work across different functions, become involved in new projects, as well as completing international assignments. In return, we have excellent development programs that will help you achieve your career goals and reach your potential. If energy is your life, this is your future!
What OMV can offer you:
- The opportunity to join an internationally renowned company in a fast moving business sector, providing excellent development opportunities
- We offer an attractive compensation package that matches your qualifications and professional experience. The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement amounts to EUR 73.976 all in. Depending on skills and specific experience, over-payment is possible. OMV also offers additional benefits and relocation packages for international moves.
- Place of work: Schwechat, Austria
Learn more about why OMV is a great place to work:
5 reasons to join OMV
Do you want to be part of a diverse team?
Business Principles and Social Responsibility
A day in the fascinating world of OMV
Your contact: Tamara Schmidt-Hantasch