CBmed is a center for biomarker research in medicine with headquarter in Graz. It links excellent research infrastructure, scientific expertise, medical knowledge, national and international industry partners for systematic medical biomarker research.
To strengthen our team in Graz, we are seeking to recruit an ambitious, committed
IT Specialist (f/m/d)
- Help execute and improve CBmed's ICT strategy focused on data, methods, and services.
- Collaborate in software development tasks for scientific or in-house projects (e.g., Jupyter Notebooks, R/Python packages, web-based demos, MS Power Apps).
- Set up, supervise, and ensure correct operation of all IT-related devices (e.g., servers, workstations, laptops, videoconference system, servers, lab computers, networks).
- General server and networking administration, (e.g., upgrades, back-ups, security logs, WiFi).
- Tracking and keeping software licenses and subscriptions updated (e.g. Operating systems, Microsoft 365, scientific software from the laboratories).
- User and file administration (e.g. on-boarding of new employees, sharing files with third party institutions…), with an emphasis on security and GDPR.
- Maintain the IT inventory sorted and in good shape (including the physical devices in the storage room and the electronic inventory).
- React promptly to staff IT support and assistance needs and provide proactive solutions.
Skills and Abilities:
- BSc in IT/Computer sciences or 5 years of working experience in the area.
- Experience in server administration and networking (Windows and Linux). Experience with Microsoft products, especially Active Directory, Microsoft 365, and Power Apps is a plus.
- Confident solving frequent user problems on Windows and MacOS.
- Careful, accurate and reliable way of working. High degree of self-organization and independence. Open to resolving unforeseen and complex technical situations and constant learning.
- Willingness to co-ordinate holidays with a second colleague so that at least one person is always available at the office for IT support.
- Good listening, communication, and personal skills to provide understandable explanations to the staff and solve problems quickly.
- Very good command of German, spoken and written. Good command of English.
You will have the opportunity to work in an international connected company, within a young, dynamic, and international team.
We offer an unlimited contract with a minimum annual salary from EUR 50 000 gross based on 40 hours/week. Overpayment is possible, depending on qualifications and work experience.
Start date 01.01.2022. or earlier.
CENTER FOR BIOMARKER RESEARCH IN MEDICINE
+43 316 385 28801