We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 70000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
If you're ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as an
Senior Commercial Manager at our site in Vienna, Austria.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the project team, working in close collaboration with the Project Manager and core project team. They will provide guidance and leadership to develop, implement, and drive contract/claim management and risk mitigation strategies in accordance with Alstom's business objectives; including extensions of time (EoTs), variations orders, contract amendments, whilst ensuring proper record keeping and file preparation in support of robust claim files.
- Ensures application of Contract, Claims and Insurance Management Manual (CCIM) and Alstom governance.
- Prepares Contract Summary and ensure it is widely communicated and regularly updated.
- Carefully analyzes the contract to build and drive implementation of Contract/Claim Management Strategy Plan.
- Ensures elaboration of the CDRL by the Project Team members is launched in time, is accurately communicated, and updated.
- Monitors Works toward contract obligations, including monitoring of project schedule toward achieving contractual milestones.
- Ensures timely issuance of contractual notices to customers/partners.
- Establishes and implement project specific commercial procedures, particularly regarding correspondences, notifications, insurance, variation requests/orders and claims preparation files.
- In collaboration with Documentation Controller and/or Contract Administrator, ensures a reliable filing and easy access of correspondence from and to customers/partners.
- Monitors/manages correspondence by analyzing (for and with Project Manager) incoming and outgoing correspondence to customers/partners.
- Develops and produces any project specific processes and ways of working for contract/claim management.
- Develops a pragmatic commercial approach based on contractual analysis of the project, to protect, on a daily basis, Alstom interests toward customers and partners.
- Carefully monitors, records, and notifies customer/partners regarding claims/counterclaims and prepares and manages all elements and supporting documentation for claims/counterclaims negotiations.
- Monitors customer/partner requests for variations / change orders / extensions of time. Provides follow-up, as necessary, to drive to transactional closure, including updates to the VO/VR/Delay registers, preparation of commercial offer, and prepares associated contractual letters for CD/PM approval.
- Provides creative advice on specific issues, risks, and contractual/claims activities, taking into account the contract and business objectives.
- Reports on contract management and claims activities to the project, and Legal, and Contract Management teams.
- Provides training on contract/claim management to key stakeholders, including project management, finance, engineering, and sourcing communities.
- Anticipates events and risks associated with the contract management activities; proposes various counter-strategies and commercial solutions to keep the situation under control.
- Works closely with the Project Directors, Project Managers, Project Controllers, Project Engineering Managers, Sourcing Contract Managers, and Project Planning Managers, to identify and mitigate risks; and to identify, maximize, and leverage claim opportunities.
- Provides at any time, on management demand, a reliable and understandable contractual and commercial analysis of the project.
- Must be able to travel up to 20% to 30% of the time.
- English (mandatory)
- Minimum of four years of Contract / Claim Management experience (preferred)
- Ability to read and interpret contractual documents, including terms and conditions, planning, and technical specifications
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to understand project financials and impact of contract/claim management on project's profitability.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in writing, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Contract Management systems; Project Management software; Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Office Word Processing software.
- Ability to be operationally effective and accountable.
- Ability to work transversally and collaboratively in a strong spirit of teamwork.
- Willingness and ability to be creative and bring forward new ideas and innovations.
- Must be able to communicate with precision and transparency
As a company, we have set ourselves the goal of increasing the share of women in technical professions.
The minimum salary for this position, according to the collective agreement, is EUR 3.818,86 gross / month based on full-time employment (14 times a year). An overpayment is possible depending on relevant work experience and / or qualification.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.