Working at Erste Group means pursuing a common goal and being enthusiastic about shared values. We always treat one another with respect, empathy, and understanding for our diverse backgrounds. This applies to our customers as well as to our employees.
Head of Custody and Settlement (all genders)
Occupation Area: Others
Company: Erste Group Bank AG
Erste Group was founded in 1819 as the first Austrian savings bank and today it is one of the largest banking groups in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). As an attractive employer, Erste Group offers interesting career opportunities in an international environment.
Custody and Settlement is responsible for competitive, compliant and efficient processing for all customers of Erste Holding, Erste Bank Österreich and all Savings banks - acting as shared service center according to market trends and standards.We guarantee correct, high quality, in time and competitive processing of local and international Settlement Delivery versus Payment. We manage the transaction process for all our Custody clients. We are responsible for all transfers free of payment for Retail clients of Erste Bank Österreich and the Saving banks.
- Lead, foster, motivate and develop the subordinated employees according to the management principles of a B-3 level manager (app. 20 FTE)
- Coordinate the daily activities of the processing team. Ensure compliancy to all policies and regulations in the processing area
- Process in order to fulfill market standards, react upon market trends and manage risk
- Responsible for effective administration of the transactions end-to-end up to the settlement & clearing, booking and/or data transfer to downstream systems in accordance with rules and regulations in your area of responsibility
- Analyze and take decisions based on generated reports with regards to transactions, efficiency (STP rates, digitalization, automation, overhead functions) and risks (errors, losses, SLA breaks), combined into a suitable & regular KPI reporting
- Analyze and suggest improvements, identify pain points towards Servicing for the processes in order to increase the digitalization, reduce waiting time for the customer, manage risk and ensure appropriate booking of the transactions according to given standards
- Manage the delivery from Shared Service Centers (EGSS) with regard of the services provided by them, support in finding solutions for issues in daily processing
- University degree in banking/finance or comparable background/working experience
- More than 5 years of experience in banking, at least 3 years in operations (or similar functions)
- More than 2 years of experience in steering or managing operations teams/projects in group environment
- Very good understanding of regulatory environment for securities back office
- Good understanding of overall IT landscape (preferably of Erste Group)
- Good overview in securities operations and/or products
- Very good analytical skills and KPIs- and process oriented way of working
- Fluent in English and German
- You will lead a well-organized processing team
- We offer you a very interesting and diversified position in a committed team and in an international and changing environment
- You will have a job in a highly professional and dynamic part of the organization
- Discover and enjoy the benefits of Erste Group
- A competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications is granted - the minimum wage for this position in accordance with the respective collective agreement is EUR 43.747,-- gross per year
- Erste Group considers the diversity of its employees as key to innovation and success. As employer we are proud to offer everyone equal chances, irrespective of age, skin colour, religious belief, gender, sexual orientation or origin.