Platomics develops a global marketplace for personalized medicine to make the future of molecular diagnostics available today. We are a young vibrant team and apply the most advanced computing technologies to enable big data processing and analysis in healthcare. We are bioinformaticians, genetics researchers, software developers, mathematicians, and marketing & sales experts.
Bioinformatics/ Data Scientist - NGS
As a Data Scientist you have the following responsibilities:
- Develop processes and tools to monitor, analyze and present data
- Perform statistical analysis during clinical evaluation studies to draw conclusions
- Develop statistical analysis plans and tools and practices for data analysis and statistics
- Contribute to the design of assay verification and clinical evaluation studies, study synopses, protocols and reports
- Communicate analysis results and conclusions to internal stakeholders
- Perform in-depth analysis of large volumes of data to unveil clinical and business insights by applying statistical methods
- Leverage complex statistical models to support analysis activities
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency of current data processes
- Advise on the suitability of clinical study protocols
- Pro-actively identify and communicate meaningful patterns from large data sets extracted from both internal and external data sources
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Master's degree in statistics, mathematics, data science, or bioinformatics or a related discipline, or 3+ years of experience working in the field of bioinformatics or statistics
- Deep understanding of Statistics and Probability
- Enthusiasm and flexibility to work in interdisciplinary teams
- Not afraid of complex problems
- Experienced in SQL, Python, R and other quantitative and statistical modelling technologies and tools
- Excellent programming and analytical skills
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Periscope, Business Objects, D3, ggplot, etc.
- Strong experience in analyzing NGS data (including RNA-seq and DNA-seq)
- PhD or Master's degree in statistics, bioinformatics or molecular biology
- Strong publication record and demonstrated scientific problem-solving skills
- Capability to connect the dots across multiple information sources to form hypothesis and structure action plan for new innovative products
- Professional experience with statistical software
- Fluency in English, German is a plus
- Out of the box thinker, creative but also focused on continuous improvement
- An interdisciplinary and dedicated team
- Exciting challenges in a fast-evolving domain
- Opportunity to work on cutting-edge technologies
- A flexible work schedule
Applications need to be submitted in English.
The Platomics office is very conveniently located close to Praterstern, easily reachable via U1, U2, S-Bahn and ÖBB. We offer flexible working arrangements.
You'll earn a salary starting at of EUR 55.000 per year (according to IT-KV). Willingness for over-payment is given for candidates with proper experience and/or qualifications.