Senior Scientist MS&T (m/f/d) - Team Lead Downstream Processing, NTO, Kundl, Austria
40+ years! This is the amount of experience Novartis has in Biotech production, offering a growing product portfolio and exploiting new future key technologies such as mRNA and pDNA manufacturing. Now we want to continue our success story and become one of the leading CDMO business partners worldwide. Please be invited to join the Manufacturing Science and Technology team in Kundl as a Senior Scientist MS&T (m/f/d) with a strong background in downstream processing, bring-in and broaden your professional excellence and contribute to a piece far better world for patients worldwide by the supply of innovative and high quality pharmaceuticals.
As Senior Scientist MS&T - Team Lead Downstream Processing, you will lead a team in MS&T Process Sciences at our NTO site in Kundl.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Lead a team of 3 associates as operational manager, mainly responsible for the implementation, optimization and transfer of protein/nucleic acid related downstream processes of our external business partner projects
• Assure for fast and highly efficient downstream process development activities respectively process optimization and its transfer to pilot and/or final manufacturing scale
• Plan, organize, execute and document scientific experiments, provide for evaluation and interpretation of results as well as documentation package/report compilation
• Act as expert and SPOC in the context of downstream processing and assure for excellent collaboration and comprehensive communication with external partners
• Support capacity, facility and equipment planning to enable successful execution of respective project portfolio demands
• Assure that project activities are performed in a timely manner, meeting individual project demands and timelines
• Work according to appropriate standards for quality, ethics, health, safety, and environment protection and information security
What you'll bring to the role:
• Academic degree (MSc, PhD) in Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Technology or equivalent
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in relevant area of expertise as well as good theoretical, practical and scientific knowledge in development of chromatography steps, normal flow and tangential flow filtration steps
• Basic leadership skills and experience
• Comprehensive understanding of biotechnology processes (focus on protein/nucleic acids downstream processing)
• Excellent communication, presentation and management skills
• Well experienced in computerized systems, sound experience of data handling
• Fluent in English, German proficiency desirable
• Role model for unbossed, curious and inspired leadership in Novartis
• Scientific/technical writing skills
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
We offer a market-competitive base salary in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. Additionally we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, childcare facilities, learning & development options and worldwide career opportunities within the Novartis group. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least EUR 51.180,50 per year on a full time basis).
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network