Eaton's EMEA Power Distribution Components Division in Schrems has an opening for a
Senior Engineer Enclosures & Low-Voltage Systems (m/w/d)
Location: Schrems, Austria
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work.
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Senior Engineer Enclosures & Low-Voltage Systems will focus on design, documentation and product validation for new product introductions (NPI) and design to cost activities (DTC, VAVE). This person will be responsible for the maintenance of line and product enhancements on Enclosures and Low-Voltage-Systems as part of the EMEA PDD Product Line Enclosures (ENCL) and Low-Voltage-Systems (LVS). Will also provide R&D support to manufacturing footprint for product introductions and standard transition process (STP) projects.
Your key deliverables:
- Engineering and detailed design of sheet metal and plastic parts
- Engineering on assembly / system level for enclosures and low-voltage-systems
- Preparation of parts lists, assembly drawings, checklists, technical documentation
- Ordering and preparation of samples and prototypes
- Leading individual sustaining activities, acting as project lead for same, with focus on the engineering part, providing technical product and platform documentation
- Being part of bigger project teams, filling roles of project and systems engineer
- Maintaining conformity to standards on dedicated product lines (e.g. IEC/EN 61439, IEC/EN 62208)
- Provision and implementation of product optimizations, e.g. representing manufacturing process improvements, cost-outs
- Driving (technical) cost saving activities and projects and provide related development activities
- Provision of customer documentation (e.g. assembly instructions, building instructions) for new product developments or product maintenance
- Consideration of environmental and ecological aspects during the development process (RoHS, Reach)
- Carrying out document release, change and deletion process (ECO) and production releases (PPAP)
- Application of Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) activities
Do you have?
- Mechanical or Electromechanical education (HTL, FH or similar)
- Mechanical and electrotechnical engineering knowledge
- CAD knowledge (e.g. Creo Modeling or similar)
- Data management knowledge (Model Manager or similar PDM / PLM system, SAP or similar ERP system)
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English
- Base knowledge of project management and related planning tools
- Experience in product design process and related tools
- Basic understanding of mechanical production processes (sheet metal and plastic part production)
- Experience in leading design activities and smaller design projects
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work within an international team and with international counterparts
- Experience with electrotechnical products and systems within power distribution
- Knowledge and experience within DFSS
- Good knowledge of German language
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great promotional opportunities - We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Culture & Values - We are more than the products we invent and produce - the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are - both individually and as an organization - and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term - not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
- Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it's about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Our management style at Eaton is characterized by ethical, passionate, responsible, efficient and transparent action, we are constantly learning.
Depending on the qualification, we offer a salary according to the Austrian collective bargaining agreement for the electrical and electronics industry in the relevant employment group. The salary for this position is above the collective agreement and, depending on training, qualifications and professional experience, is min. EUR 37.500 gross annually.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for job applicants and employees. Our recruitment processes use balanced selection criteria and avoid unlawful discrimination against applicants on the basis of their age, colour, disability, marital status, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, race or racial origin, religion, sexual orientation or any other status protected or required by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look--from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day--you'll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That's why Eaton is dedicated to improving people's lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We're ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we're committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.