Principal Scientist (m/f/d) - Analytic Operations, Cell & Gene Therapy, Kundl, Austria
>200! This the current number of programs in clinical development at Novartis. Many of these projects, which include new molecular entities as well as additional indications and different formulations for marketed products, are for medicines that could significantly advance treatment standards for patients worldwide.
Your key responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Lead and manage all project activities and contribute to strategic decisions
• Independently plan, organize and perform scientific experiments for LC method development (RPC, IEC, SEC, and AC) and contribute to project related scientific and technical activities
• Documentation of raw data, evaluate and interpret results for advanced but established methods or procedures. Review and verify raw data
• Write protocols, reports or lab procedures based on templates and engage in continuous improvement initiatives
• Optimize or troubleshoot existing methods, processes, address and solve problems of complexity
• Contribute to development of new methods or optimizing existing methods
• Interact and collaborate with other groups and sites according to project requirements
• Perform information searches under moderate guidance. Actively participate in knowledge exchange. Train and coach technicians, temporary employees and employees under training/education
• Take over responsibility for and utilize special tools/equipment or specialized facilities under moderate supervision; schedule and perform maintenance and qualification of instruments/equipment
What you'll bring to the role:
• Technical expert studies with PhD and 2 years relevant industrial experience or Master of Science with 6 year of relevant experience or Bachelor of Science with 3 years relevant experience or apprenticeship in industry (or equivalent technical education) with 12 years relevant experience
• Strong broad scientific or technical knowledge in analysis of recombinant proteins with a strong focus on LC-based methods (RPC, IEC, SEC, AC)
• Proficient with laboratory tools for instrumental analytics
• Very good skills in presentation and scientific/technical writing
• Fluency in English, German is a plus
• Good knowledge of relevant software tools (e.g. MS Office, statistical programs)
• Awareness of safety regulations and safe handling of chemicals and equipment
• Desirable detailed knowledge of cGMP
• A personality with a can-do mind-set and the ability to adopt to change with strong communication across organizational interfaces and presentation skills
• Ability to work and lead (a cross-functional team) in a matrix environment
Contact: Jennifer Kriedemann, Talent Acquisition & Staffing Business Partner, +44 7525 702920
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we're proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people's lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world's toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
In addition to a market-competitive base salary, we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, childcare facilities, learning and development options as well as worldwide career opportunities within the Novartis group. In accordance with Austrian law, we are obliged to disclose the minimum salary as stated in the collective bargaining agreement. For this position the minimum salary is EUR 51.180,50 /year (on a full time basis). In most cases, the actual salary will be higher, as we strive to maintain a competitive position in the market and consider your previous experience, qualifications and individual competencies.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse team's representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Our recruitment decisions are based on selecting the best person for the job, regardless of gender, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Your responsibilities: Include, but are not limited to: • Plan, organize and perform scientific experiments for LC method development (RPC, IEC, SEC, AC) and contribute to project related scientific and technical activities...
Your responsibilities: Include, but are not limited to: • Support of the Quality Assurance team within the production area • Batch Record Review for the final release of products • Evaluation and processing of...
Your responsibilities: Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to: • Plan, organize and perform scientific experiments for LC method development (RPC, IEC, SEC, AC) and contribute to project related scientific...