EBG MedAustron GmbH in Wiener Neustadt operates one of the most modern centers for particle therapy and research in Europe. Cancer patients are treated with an innovative form of radiation therapy with protons and carbon ions. In addition to cancer treatment the facility is also used for translational research.
Heart of the centre is a synchrotron that produces the particle beam for the ion cancer treatments. The Accelerator Group within the Therapy Accelerator Division is responsible for the commissioning of the facility from beam generation to beam delivery in the irradiation room as well as ensuring the quality of the beam, for both clinical treatments and non-clinical research. Watch our videoclips to receive more insights.
You can become part of the multi-national Accelerator team as an
Accelerator Physicist (f/m/x)
Challenges you conquer:
- Support the beam commissioning of the accelerator complex, including participation in shifts
- Further development and performance optimization of the therapy accelerator
- Support for the implementation planning of Accelerator projects
- Provision, maintenance and further development of commissioning related tools (and/or respective specifications)
- Provision of the corresponding technical documentation of executed tasks
- Resolution of deviations of the Accelerator (e.g. investigations and corrections)
- Participation in quality assurance measures related to critical beam properties
- Support of other organizational units in topics related to Accelerator Beam Physics
A background that impresses:
- Academic studies of physics or mathematics completed with Master or PhD degree
- Excellent knowledge of beam optics and dynamics
- Experience in accelerator commissioning, operation and performance optimization
- Experience in the use of accelerator design codes e.g. MAD-X
- Advanced knowledge in Python programming
- Project management background is an advantage
- Excellent English skills; good command of German is an asset
- You are a creative and proactive person that is driven by self-initiative and keeps the overview over different tasks
- You are flexible and easily adapt to changes
- Willing to fulfill shift work and on-call support
- Openness for business trips outside of Europe
A unique offer that inspires:
For the advertised position we offer a gross annual salary from EUR 45.000,-- (on a full-time basis) with the possibility of overpayment, depending on professional qualifications and experience.
Further information on EBG MedAustron GmbH, our benefits and what matters to us can be found here.
You are the right person for this job?
Take the next step in your career and send us your application via our online application-tool.