Principal Scientist (m/f/x) Biologics Analytical Operations, Schaftenau, Austria
26! You will be part of a team of 26 people developing Biosimilars and new Biologic drugs. Our team is responsible to release the products for clinical trials and defining the shelf life of the product. You as a Principal Scientist (m/f/x) will be supportive to the release of the products as well as supporting the team lead of the analytical laboratory.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Independently plan, organize, perform and document scientific experiments activities. Propose and provide input for the design of next experiments. Provide solutions on deviations and unexpected results from experiments.
• Deputize Lab Head by approving GMP documents and test records as well as investigating quality events within the lab (e.g. deviations, changes).
• Optimize or troubleshoot existing methods, processes, address and solve problems of complexity
• Write protocols, scientific reports, lab procedures or process related SOPs; write scientific documents intended for external partners (e.g. other line units, authorities, and external companies) and support generation of registration documents; interact with authorities where appropriate
What you'll bring to the role:
• Master Degree in biotechnology, biochemical engineering, biology, chemistry, biochemistry or similar with at least 4 years strong relevant industry experience or PhD in relevant field or equivalent
• 2+ years of work experience within the pharmaceutical industry
• Proficiency in English and German is beneficial
• Good knowledge of sound technical & scientific of pharmaceutical, chemical analytics, QC or equivalent
• Proven experience within GMP environment
• Good theoretical and scientific knowledge in the area of expertise (like HPLC, CE)
• A personality with a can-do mind-set and the ability to adopt to change with strong communication across organizational interfaces and presentation skills
• Ability to work and lead (a cross-functional team) in a matrix environment
Contact: Jennifer Kriedemann, Talent Acquisition & Staffing Business Partner, +44 7525 702920
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
We offer a market-competitive base salary in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. Additionally we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, childcare facilities, learning & development options and worldwide career opportunities within the Novartis group. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least EUR 51,180.50 per year on a full time basis).
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Your responsibilities: Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to: • Responsible for the preparation of and participation in internal and external inspections covering GMP • Act as single point of contact...
Your responsibilities: Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to: • Responsible for planning products manufactured at External Suppliers within scope of Supply Relationship Team • Design and execute S&OP...
Ihre Aufgaben: Sind unter anderem: • Vorrangig aber nicht ausschließliche Bearbeitung von Abweichungen im Bereich Engineering sowie die Umsetzung/Koordination der definierten Actions als auch die Implementierung...