EBG MedAustron GmbH in Wiener Neustadt operates one of the most modern centers for particle therapy and research in Europe. Cancer patients are treated with an innovative form of radiation therapy with protons and carbon ions. In addition to cancer treatment the facility is also used for translational research.
Our AVID team is responsible for all beam instrumentation and beam interception devices of the particle accelerator. The responsibility for accelerating structures, RF systems, ion sources and vacuum installations completes the team's profile. More details about our team can be watched here.
Become part of the AVID team as a
Mechatronics & LabVIEW Engineer (f/m/x)
Challenges you conquer:
Responsibility for beam instrumentation devices in a proton/carbon particle accelerator facility for
- procurement of components
- testing and integration
- ensuring electrical/mechanical safety (OEVE/OENORM E 8001-1, IEC 61439, Low Voltage and Machinery Directive)
- lifecycle management of existing components
- requirements engineering
- maximizing machine uptime and reliability
- contribution to developments of beam diagnostic detectors and corresponding FrontEnd Controllers
- design data acquisition and control electronics
- performing installation and acceptance tests of hard- and software as well as component commissioning on-site of international customers
- support our service teams to coordinate maintenance activities on customer sites
A background that impresses:
- Academic studies in Mechatronics / Electrical Engineering or similar
- Experience with mechatronic devices and the design and development of respective LabVIEW control software
- Sound knowledge of electrical measurement and instrumentation equipment
- Proficiency in analog & digital measurement & acquisition chains
- Experience on the application of harmonized standards and norms (Low Voltage and Machinery Directive) is appreciated
- Altium, Pspice or any other electronics design tool box and/or mechanics CAD software experience e.g. Autodesk Inventor is an asset
- Fluency in English and good command of German language
- Willingness to travel to international partner institutes and customers on a monthly basis and to work in shifts from time to time
A unique offer that inspires:
For the advertised position we offer a gross annual salary from EUR 43.000,-- (on a full-time basis) with the possibility of overpayment, depending on professional qualifications and experience.
Further information on EBG MedAustron GmbH, our benefits and what matters to us can be found here.
You are the right person for this job?
Take the next step in your career and send us your application via our online application-tool.