You are enthusiastic about making orderbirds web-presence awesome? You'd like users of
orderbird.com to be impressed by the quality of their experience and to think "I hope the product is at least as cool as their website"?
Does this sound like you?
Then read on...
Senior Full Stack Developer (d/f/m)
What you can look forward to
- Flat hierarchies, a committed, friendly and international team - we know everyone says that, but it?s true!
- The opportunity to create a leading solution landscape that leads small and medium-sized restaurateurs to success
- ?An international team that stands together (anyone can quote our mission in their sleep!)
- An inspiring (rooftop terrace!) and innovative working environment, including our Office Dogs?
- Fast and clear decision-making processes and close cooperation with all stakeholders?
- Plenty of scope for your input and a good deal of responsibility
- A learning organization and a unique culture and collaboration?
- Virtual Breakfast with a Company Update every Wednesday: Before the Company Update starts you have the opportunity to have a virtual breakfast with other Birds
- Company Events - even in pandemic times we stand together and do something together (within the legal guidelines), e.g. we visited our customers in small groups in August 2020 for various workshops (e.g. baking the world's best cheesecake, virtual coffee tasting, rolling Taiwanese dumplings)
Among other tasks you will be working on
- Maintaining and improving the marketing website www.orderbird.com by delivering new agile and customer centric features in collaboration with the product and marketing team
- Maintaining cohesive user experience and technological solution with our customers website my.orderbird.com
- Help us migrating our blog from Wordpress to CraftCMS
- Support the teams with their daily website-related needs like creating new landing pages, implementing features, fixing bugs, improving the website performance, and providing technical solutions for other marketing activities
- Plan the continuous improvement of the website on the technical side (integration tests, monitoring, alarming)
What you bring along for this role
- 5 years of experience in the field of both Frontend and Backend Development
PHP, HTML, CSS, JS and MySQL are no foreign languages to you
- Experience with a PHP-based CMS. We currently use CraftCMS and we plan to migrate our Wordpress blog as well
- A keen eye for UX and UI and some experience with interface design software like Sketch, Figma, or Marvel
- Knowledge and practice of agile product development (SCRUM or KANBAN) and agile engineering practices like tdd, pair programming, reactive programming
- CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Spinnaker, or CircleCI are known to you
- Enjoying to collaborate with non-techies (designers, SEO/SEA marketers...) to get things done
- Taking and working responsibility and independently
- Cleanly documented work, which is covered by unit tests
- Capable of working in an English speaking environment (bonus points for German)
- A big plus if you are experienced with AWS services (EC2, S3, Cloudfront, RDS), PHP frameworks with database migrations (Laravel, Symfony), and virtualization (Vagrant, Docker)
Your People & Culture team at orderbird