Associate Scientist (m/f/x) Drug Product Analytical Development, Schaftenau, Austria
10! Years of experience in development of biosimilars and biologics.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Design, plan, perform, interpret and report results of scientific experiments and analytics. These are related to method development and stability testing for formulation development and drug product processes in a modern analytical lab with state-of-the-art equipment
• Integrate digitalized processes in your daily work (e.g. automated sample preparation)
• Write protocols, method development reports, lab procedures or instrument procedures
• Support the team for the development of biological working in a multidisciplinary environment
• Support pipeline projects, local network activities and contribute with your experience and knowledge
• Maintain and qualify analytical equipment and manage operational aspects in the laboratory
• Communicate, address and tackle problems (e.g. unexpected results from experiments) within own & broader area of responsibility and take part in root cause investigations
• Contribute to the transfer of know how or procedures to other departments or external contractors, including troubleshooting and on-site training
• Be part of an open and motivated team with flat hierarchies, bring in your networking skills and collaborate across boundaries
• Bring in your ideas and improvement proposals, be creative, think bold and inspire others
What you'll bring to the role:
•Apprenticeship in industry (or equivalent technical education) with 3 years' experience in industry or Bachelor or Master Degree in biotechnology, biochemical engineering, biology, chemistry, biochemistry or equivalent.
• Profound experience with instrumental analytics, especially HPLC and CE analysis and good knowledge about chemical processes is advantageous
• 2 years of work experience within the pharmaceutical industry preferable
• Good in English and German
• Curiosity about new digital approaches and innovative technologies is very welcome
• Flexible, pragmatic and goal-oriented working style and a scientific way of thinking will be appreciated
• A personality with a can-do mind-set and the ability to adopt to change with strong communication across organizational interfaces
• Ability to collaborate with a cross-functional team in a matrix environment
Contact: Jennifer Kriedemann, Talent Acquisition & Staffing Business Partner, +44 7525 702920
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
We offer a market-competitive base salary in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. Additionally we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, childcare facilities, learning & development options and worldwide career opportunities within the Novartis group. The base pay is composed of the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least EUR 37,016.44 per year on a full time basis), plus a potential market oriented excess payment.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Your responsibilities: Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to: • Plan, prioritize and coordinate internal and external E/L studies with state of the art technology • Support biosimilar and new biologic...
Your responsibilities: Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to: • Design, plan, organize, perform and document scientific experiments to develop downstream processes for biopharmaceutical drug substances...
Your responsibilities: Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to: • Independently plan, organize, perform and document scientific experiments activities. Propose and provide input for the design of next experiments...