We are Austria's largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Digital Safety and Security is seeking to hire new Ingenious Partners for our location in Vienna or Klagenfurt.
Research Engineer (m/f/d) Full Stack Development for Risk-Management Software
- You are conducting leading R&D work around risk management and security-by-design for critical infrastructures and cyber-physical systems of the future.
- As part of our multidisciplinary, multinational and highly motivated team, you are among the first to have access to cutting edge research and tools.
- You will have the opportunity to work on projects in close collaboration with internationally renowned partners from academia as well as industry.
- You design, test, implement and maintain research tools together with your scientific colleagues and other research engineers of your team.
- As a research engineer you are primarily responsible for the development of a web-based risk management software.
- You are in constant exchange with your team colleagues when developing methods based on numerical simulation, artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- You are responsibility for project deliverables according to your projects and work packages.
- Additionally, you will supervise interns and students who are also part of the project teams.
- Your out-of-the-box solutions bring immediate added value for our customers.
- You share and discuss your technical knowledge and creative ideas with your team colleagues and external partners.
- You present your innovative results to an international audience and you continually develop connections to your peers in both industry and academia.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner*:
- Master in Computer Science / Mathematics / Physics
- Experience in professional software engineering, esp. with Java, TypeScript, NodeJS, VueJS, NestJS, CSS
- Ideally mathematical background to understand risk modelling
- Hands-on mentality and enthusiasm for creating sustainable technical solutions and implementing them in practice
- High commitment and ability to cooperate in multidisciplinary and diverse teams
- Proficient English (written and spoken); good German (written and spoken) - English and German are our company languages
- If you chose Klagenfurt for your work location, you need to be fine with periodic trips to Vienna for face2face business meetings)
What to expect:
The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement is EUR 48.062,--. The actual salary will be determined individually, based on your qualifications and experience. In addition, we offer company benefits, flexible working conditions, individual training and career opportunities.
At AIT, the promotion of women is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to hearing from female applicants!
TOMORROW TODAY - WITH YOU?
Please submit your application documents including CV, motivational letter and certificates online:
For Vienna: https://jobs.ait.ac.at/Job/147072
For Klagenfurt: https://jobs.ait.ac.at/Job/147073