Device Manager (m/fx) - Mechanical Development Engineer (80-100%), Global Drug Development, Schaftenau, Austria
7! This is number of combination product technology platforms that Novartis is currently working on. Novartis has an ambitious program in drug delivery devices and to meet our future portfolio needs we are seeking an experienced mechanical engineer in the development of medical devices.
The role involves building in-house competences in mechanical design of innovative medical devices to make us an industry leader in this field. It requires a mechanical engineer who can take responsibility on projects for all aspects of mechanical design, device development, prototyping, testing, as well as ensuring the documentation compliance. A high degree of collaboration with Novartis internal stakeholders and external partners will also be necessary
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Lead mechanical design development activities in projects
• Work with cross-functional teams for easy-to-use, robust products: human factors engineers in the selecting appropriate human interface features and electronic design engineers in the integration of electronic components in the product design
• Work with third party suppliers
• Additionally, write key design history file documents: design input requirements, global component specifications and design verification plan. Ensure device design development is delivered to a high quality
• Perform FEA and CFD simulations, create and maintain math-models
• Perform testing and characterization for acceptance, compliance, performance etc., and suggest improvements
• Perform root cause analysis of out-of-specification product. Develop robust solutions to prevent re-occurrence
• Ensure components are delivered and controlled to the required quality for clinical trials and commercial production
• Report in to the Technical leaders on all technical aspects related to the device development
What you'll bring to the role:
•Degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent
• Preferably at least 5 years of experience in mechanical device development
• Proficient spoken and written communication in English
• Experience in plastic and metallic components; CAD, FEA, CFD and Multi-physic software (e.g. Solidworks, ANSYS, AMESIM); tolerance analysis and math-modeling; lab testing and programing (e.g. Zwick, Mecmesin); Design History File documentation
• Good knowledge in design for manufacturing
• Excellent technical writing skills
• Experience in system engineering is highly preferred
• Must be organized, structured in their approach and able to drive to reach solutions that meet milestones.
Contact: Jennifer Kriedemann, Talent Acquisition & Staffing Business Partner, +44 7525 702920
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
We offer a market-competitive base salary in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. Additionally we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, childcare facilities, learning & development options and worldwide career opportunities within the Novartis group. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least EUR 50,180.50 per year on a full time basis).
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Your responsibilities: Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to: • Support the implementation and administration of a manufacturing execution system (MES) as an active member of the automation Plant 1 team...
Ihre Aufgaben: Das Designen, die Implementierung, die Koordination von Wartungen und Instandhaltungen unserer Anlagen und Geräte Implementierung von System- und Geräteoptimierungen, Einholung der Genehmigungen...
Your responsibilities: Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to: • Support and approval of investigations of deviation • Evaluation and approval of CAPAs, Risk Assessments • Release decision on the...