"I believe that the greatest success comes when we all pull together."
So do we.
Working at Erste Group means pursuing a common goal and being enthusiastic about shared values. We always treat one another with respect, empathy, and understanding for our diverse backgrounds. This applies to our customers as well as to our employees.
Group Correspondent Banking Compliance Officer (all genders)
Erste Group was founded in 1819 as the first Austrian savings bank and today it is one of the largest banking groups in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). As an attractive employer, Erste Group offers interesting career opportunities in an international environment.
The main responsibilities of Correspondent Banking Compliance within the Group AML, CTF and Fraud Prevention framework are:
(A) ensuring compliance with (i) anti-money laundering ("AML"), (ii) counter terrorism financing ("CTF"), (iii) fraud prevention as well as (iv) sanction and embargo ("S&E") requirements for Erste Group Bank AG ("EGB");
(B) monitoring of transactions as well as establishing & executing correspondent banking management governance and its framework within EGB and all its group members (including those entities sharing the same cross-guarantee scheme) in order to support that Group standards will be applied to minimize AML, CTF, Fraud as well as S&E risks across the Group;
(C) developing, maintaining, respectively operating EGB as well as Group policies and tools (including IT tools) for adherence to know your customer ("KYC"), customer risk rating ("CRR"), customer and account monitoring as well as risk analyses requirements and identifying trends & schemes of transactional behavior.
(D) providing profound analysis & knowledge on the international banking market and its Compliance risks of counterparty banks Erste Group has its business relationship
(E) being contact person for Compliance related matters to Compliance Officers of Erste Groups counterparty banks
It also establishes cooperation with other stakeholders in the area of KYC and customer monitoring to find and gain synergies. As Group function the unit also supports the definition of corporate goals and assists their active implementation in the entire Group. By establishing in addition state of the art reports gaining additional value of identifying ad hoc risks schemes
- perform KYC onboarding and review checks on customers (Banks)
- manage the RFI (request for information on specific payment transactions) process self-dependent; by handling and distributing to the Erste Group members all incoming RFIs and organizing and having the overview of all outgoing RFIs
- independent handling of transaction alert cases
- be proactive in identifying step forward approaches to drive the development of Correspondent Banking Compliance Governance
- responsible for the development respectively maintenance of group-wide framework policies as well as EGB policies covering all AML, CTF and S&E matters especially with focus on Correspondent Banking Compliance view
- advise and align with Group Members on implementation of local tools and local policies (always in adherence with Group standards) with a high level of expertise
- support of first line of defense activities by providing consultancy and professional counselling in the area of AML, CTF, S&E as well as FATCA & CRS in the Financial Institutions area
- establish Governance Dashboards with semi automated data reporting
- establish standardized communication lines with local Group Members' AML, CTF, S&E, KYC, CRR as well as FATCA stakeholders
- perform local & international desk reviews in Erste Group pursuant to desk review plan(s)
- structure, prepare for and participate in management talks, onsite visits or any other review or audit activity performed by internal audit, external audit or competent authority (in respect of the latter also when a financial authority competent for EGB performs any audit action with any Group Member)
- execute advanced trainings to relevant business units in EGB and experienced colleagues group-wide
- University degree in (Austrain) Law
- profound knowledge on operational excellence and national & international legal KYC requirements especially on AML/CTF, Sanctions & Embargos, FATCA, CRS by demonstrable efficiency in performing reoccurring banking operational tasks like eg alert handling, KYC collection & documentation for national and international documents and data quality assurance.
- working experience of at least 5 years within Banking Institutions favorable in a mid-/ backoffice or banking operations unit or other relevant Organizations (internal- / external auditors, regulators, consulting services)
- independent and very conscientious approach of working, combined with having sole responsibility of providing deliverables to senior management/third parties and being inspired not just to talk but to execute forward thinking approaches and developments
- good knowledge on microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- fluent in German and English - CEE language would be an advantage
- We are committed to support you in your professional and personal development
- Offer the opportunity to work with a highly motivated and ambitious multi-national team
- We guarantee a competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications. We are obliged by law to quote the minimum wage of EUR 38.813,-- gross per year for this position, in accordance with the respective collective agreement.
- We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer without regard to age, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin. We live diversity!
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Degree of Employment: Full-Time
Primary Location: Vienna
Follow us on: