Senior Data Warehouse Developer (m/f/d)
Do you take great pleasure in being responsible and further developing a state-of-the-art Data Warehouse environment? Are you passionate about organizing all related tasks and further improve the ETL process? Are you known for your out-of-the-box thinking and willing to take the challenge to coordinate our whole Data Warehouse process?
We can offer you the challenge you are looking for!
As part of our Data Intelligence team, the Data Warehouse team is responsible for providing business-relevant information in a comprehensive, reliable and stable environment. As data is crucial for running our business in an ongoing changing industry, we would like to strengthen our DWH team with you as a Senior Data Warehouse Developer (m/f/d). This position has the potential to be transferred into a Product Owner role in the future.
- Maintain, expand and further develop the Data Warehouse architecture according to new or changing business requirements and to be up to date with architectural DWH trends
- Proactively identify potential issues and raise business awareness before impact to the business
- Monitor the performance of ETL applications to ensure appropriate performance, correct errors, isolate areas for improvement and for general debugging
- Supporting your Team Leader in organising, documenting and distributing all tasks related to new requirements and specifications for our Data Warehouse environment in close cooperation with our DWH developers, our business analysts and our database administration team
- Get a solid understanding of Greentube's data architecture and processes to potentially taking over ownership of our Data Warehouse environment in the future (Central DWH and standalone DWHs)
- Support business analysts in validating data and check whether the definition of the fields being used makes business sense
- Maintain and further develop Data Warehouse access right and security specifications to meet corporate IT security guidelines
- Support implemented BI solutions by monitoring and tuning queries and data loads, addressing user questions concerning data integrity and communicating functional and technical issues
- Troubleshoot performance and concurrency issues (on-call duty)
- Completed bachelors or masters study in the technical field
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Warehouse developer preferably with MS SQL server
- Work experience in working closely with business stakeholders to define problems and design large-scale, enterprise-class solutions
- Work experience as a SQL Server DBA is an advantage
- Advanced T-SQL skills (ideally on SQL Server 2012+)
- Experience in implementing complex data extraction, load & transformation (ETL)
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server management & administrative tasks e.g. Tuning, Backup, Capacity management, Data management, SQL Server Agent jobs
- Experience developing OLAP/Cubes, Data MartsGood MS Office skills
- Experience with high-volume data tables and highly concurrent transactions
- Strong analytical and organisational skills
- Very good communication skills and a passion for Data Warehousing
- Very good knowledge of English, both spoken and written
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Willingness to learn and improve skills to adapt to newer technologies
- Challenging tasks in a successful and innovative company based in a central location in Vienna
- Opportunities for personal development as part of the company's sustained growth
- A welcoming working environment in a committed and international team of employees from more than 30 countries
- Flexible working hours and numerous benefits such as an in-house canteen, regular employee events, health care benefits, further local employee offers and discounts, etc.
- Extensive training by mentors
- Reimbursement of additional travel costs for an interview and support with any necessary relocation from abroad
- Our employees are our most valuable asset, which is why we honor their exceptional work with not only a variety of benefits, but also a very competitive salary. According to §9 Para. 2 GlBG, the minimum collective salary is EUR 46.269,33,- gross per annum. We are more than willing to offer a higher salary to potential candidates in correlation with any job-related additional training, qualifications and work experience they possess.
Greentube Internet Entertainment Solutions, the global interactive unit of NOVOMATIC, is a leading developer and supplier of iGaming solutions. Greentube is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the NOVOMATIC Group, one of the biggest producers and operators of gaming technologies and one of the largest integrated gaming companies in the world. Greentube's industry leading omni-channel technology allows the convergence of online, mobile and land-based games. The well-diversified product portfolio includes Classic Slots, Table Games, Live Dealer Gaming, AWP Reloaded Slots, Server-Based Gaming, Social Casino Gaming, Bingo and more.
If you are interested in this position we are looking forward to your application including motivation letter and CV.