Working at Wienerberger brings exciting new challenges everyday. We are looking for people who embody our values and want to forge new paths with us. Our clear vision: to improve quality of life using high quality building materials and infrastructural solutions all around the world. Join us and become part of an internationally successful company. Take the initiative and build the future with us.
To support our Health & Safety team we are searching for a Health & Safety Manager Europe for immediate appointment:
Health & Safety Manager Europe (f/m/d)
- Proactively assist and manage alongside the Head of Health & Safety the development, implementation, monitoring, and review of all health and safety strategies, policies and procedures throughout Wienerberger Building Solutions.
- Undertake regular audits and workplace/area inspections to proactively identify where site and management practices can be improved.
- Provide written reports in the way of inspections, visible management leadership, and monthly summaries where necessary to assist in implementing solutions to enhance our overall health and safety performance.
- Collate and analyse accident and incident statistics along with recommending intervention strategies to eliminate or reduce the risk of future occurrences
- Provide assistance to the Head of Health & Safety in maintaining effective working relationships with all local Wienerberger Directors, Managers, Employees, Trade Unions, Contractors, Partners, or other Stakeholders.
- Undertake and support with investigations for accidents, incidents, significant occurrences and near misses, as or when requested by local country management hierarchy ensuring root cause(s) are identified accurately.
- Contribute to the design, development, and production of training materials, documents and manuals to ensure consistency and quality of content meet the specific needs of the WBS Health & Safety Roadmap.
- Deliver training in conjunction with the WBS Health & Safety Roadmap to local country managers and management teams
- Assist & collaborate alongside multiple departments (HR, Procurement etc.) to support the development of company standards, policies, and procedures.
- Liaise with enforcement agencies, external bodies in conjunction with the Head of Health & Safety on all matters relating to our operational activities.
- Continually sustain awareness of amended or new legislation and local health & safety laws that may affect Wienerberger operations.
- Promote and raise awareness of "Best Practice" within the WBS regional management team (not limited to H&S).
- Maintain a healthy and safe working culture across Wienerberger.
- Degree or Diploma level qualification in health & safety
- Significant experience of operating at a senior health & safety leadership level
- A demonstrable track-record of developing successful health & safety strategy and enabling positive cultural change
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to influence internal and external stakeholders of all levels successfully
- Flexible and Adaptable - able to travel to multiple regions and sites (in Western Europe)
- Able to demonstrate a sufficient understanding along with a proven background in the specific health & safety topics that include (Machinery Isolation - LOTOTO, Functional Safety - EN 13849, Machinery Safety, Vehicle Safety - Mobile Plant, Working at Height, Health - RCS, Manual Handling)
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications such as word, excel, power-point, and outlook
- Outstanding attention to detail and good observation ability
- Fluent in English and German, additional languages desirable
- Able to work independently when required
We are searching for a highly self-motivated person with strong organisation and planning skills, who can work effectively with different stakeholder groups and different cultures . The position reports to the Head of Health & Safety Europe, and covers 11 countries with a total of 74 plants.Your office shall be situated within our headquarters in Vienna.
This international function contributes to your individual career success and gives the chance to extend your professional know-how. You have the opportunity to experience a new and challenging environment that will facilitate professional and personal growth.
An attractive workplace in a dynamic environment with development opportunities of an internationally acting group is awaiting you. The monthly gross salary amounts to EUR 4,000 gross for a local contract. We offer market conform remuneration depending on experience and qualification, besides attractive employee benefits.
Please submit your application (CV + letter of motivation) exclusively online.
Passion, entrepreneurship and individual responsibility: These are the values that characterize Wienerberger employees. Take this career opportunity and apply now!
Corporate Human Resources
We are looking forward to getting to know you!