Senior Scientist - Piezo MEMS Design Engineer (f/m/d)
In the network of science and industry, SAL offers research in the areas of Sensor Systems, RF Systems, Power Electronics, System Integration Technologies and Embedded Systems.
SAL - a great place to research.
Your future responsibilities
- Design of new and inovative MEMS devices based on piezoelectric thin film technlogy.
- Modeling of piezo MEMS devices using analytical and/or finite element method to meet the desired specifications.
- Development of Piezo MEMS devices such as PMUT, micro-mirror or microphone from concept to prototype.
- Design DOE to understand and improve device physics, materials and fabrication.
- Characterization of the sensors and tranducers.
- Possibility to be involved in MEMS microfabrication and prototyping in clean room facility by using 200mm wafer level technology.
- Scientific communication / reporting of research results.
- Project management.
- PhD degree in microengineering or related fields such as mechanical or electrical engineering, or applied physics, with a focus on microtechnology preferably with significant piezo MEMS experience.
- Having at least 4 years relevant work experience or postdoc with relevant publication records.
- Strong expertise in at least one of the following piezo MEMS fields: PMUT, piezo actuated micro-mirror, piezo microphone, BAW and SAW devices.
- Strong knowledge in semiconductor technologies and practical and professional experience in related cleanroom microfabrication processes and piezoelectric thin film technology.
- Expert with FEM simulation methods and tools (COMSOL).
- Interested in piezo MEMS development.
- Interested in application-oriented development of innovative sensors concepts.
- Autonomous, well organized and enjoy working in a dynamic and multicultural team.
- Oral and written communication skills in English.
- Good experience in project management.
- Beginning of the employment: as soon as possible.
- This position is endowed with a gross annual salary of starting with EUR 52.584.- based on the collective agreement for research („Forschungs-Kollektivvertrag") and depending on your experience and skills.
- Flexible hours with no coretime.
- Free coffee/tea/milk.
- Family/Kids friendly.
- EUR 4.- food allowance in restaurants / EUR 2.- in supermarkets
- Homeoffice possible
Become part of Silicon Austria Labs
The top research center for electronic based systems (EBS). Unfold the future, unfold yourself.