Lead Mechanical Engineer - Structural & Air Handling Systems Development (m/f/d)
We are looking for a Lead Development Engineer (m/f) to join our Engine Development Team. In this role the successful candidate will be responsible for the design and development of Structural and Air Handling systems used in industrial Reciprocating Engines.
What INNIO offers you:
- An innovative and international working environment
- Flexible working time model (depending on position and role)
- Health We Care Program - including company sport activities
- Moving cost support for new employees in accordance with policy
- Good connections to public transport - station in direct proximity
- Transportation cost support in accordance with policy
- One of the best canteens in the area with healthy and various meals
- Attractive location in the heart of the alps which provides various outdoor sport and other leisure possibilities
- Working closely with other functions, lead the end-to-end development of Structural and Air Handling systems used in reciprocating engine generating sets, technically responsible for projects from concept layout through to series production implementation.
- Working with the design team lead the mechanical design of Structural and Air Handling systems including defining system specifications, material selection, CAD design, simulation and detailed engineering drawings.
- Ensuring the proper and appropriate usage of simulation tools, in the layout and design of Structural and Air Handling systems.
- Lead the on-time execution of multiple simultaneous projects in line with the DFSS & DFR principles, utilizing CTQ flow-downs and effective DFMEA's to guide system developments and to drive the Design Validation Plans & Reporting (DVP&R) in line with the customer and product requirements.
- Utilize Design of Experiments (DoE) to prepare, execute and report on validation activities identified in the DVP&R, utilizing the full suite of on-site test facilities available (Component rigs, Single- & Multi-Cylinder engine tests) as well as targeted field testing.
- Lead communications with both the internal manufacturing facilities, external sourcing departments and project management to ensure efficient project execution.
- Lead internal technical reviews including concept, design and validation reviews.
- Drive the technical investigation and resolution of Fleet Reliability and Production/Supplier Quality issues by providing technical guidance and leadership at the component and system level.
- Bachelors/Masters degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering, or a similar relevant specialization.
- Experience of designing and developing structurally and thermal loaded components and systems.
- Knowledge of quality systems (ISO), tools (DFMEA; DVP) and techniques (DFSS, DFR) and their implementation into development projects.
- Good understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) and Engineering drawing standards.
- You are comfortable in an international environment and have convincing oral and written communication skills in English (and preferably also German). Comfortable with presentation of detailed technical themes across a wide range of audiences.
- Experience and knowledge of developing Exhaust Gas Recirculation systems (EGR) highly desirable.
- CAD experience, ideally Catia V5 beneficial.
- Willingness to travel (up to 10%).
- A valid work permit for Austria is a prerequisite for this position
(Non-EU citizens: please attach the work permit to the application)
The base pay is composed of the amount according to the Austrian collective agreement which is at least EUR 3.390,26 gross per month (x 14) and an overpayment depending on your qualifications and experience.