Technological innovations have fundamentally changed the game. Today, our digitally savvy customers demand a premium experience across all channels and touchpoints. And that's where Erste Group's IT entities come into play. We believe that the future of banking is digital and we want to be among the creators and innovators who redefine it. We are ready to go the extra mile to wow our clients. You do too? Then hit the "apply now" button.
Senior Data Scientist (f/m/d)
Erste Group IT International (EG IT INT) is the IT service provider of Erste Group, supplying solutions to all entities. It provides development, implementation and integration as well as operation of group-wide solutions. Aimed at offering the best service at the best price, EG IT INT plays a key strategic role within Erste Group.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to analyze large amounts of raw information to find patterns that will help improve our company. We will rely on you to build data products to extract valuable business insights.
In this role, you should be highly analytical with a knack for analysis, math and statistics. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data. We also want to see a passion for data, modeling and algorithms.
Your goal will be to help our company analyze trends to make better decisions.
- You deliver data science assignments and tasks in data driven projects/ programs in which learning from data and getting added value from data insights has a significant part (Innovation, Big Data, Data Science and AI, Data Analytics projects and similar)
- You are ready to deliver independently simple and complex tasks and assignments, not only within his specification
- You show genuine curiosity and thinking about innovative problem solutions
- You collaborate together with our business units to identify and deliver solutions for critical business challenges
- You deliver and support in all phases of the full Data Science process, but with different level of expectations and allocation, depending on the concrete project/prototype like business understanding, analytic approach, data requirements and collection, data understanding, modelling and algorithms, evaluation and interpretation, deployment and solution development support and monitoring and tuning support
- You have a Bachelor's or Masters degree with a focus on quantitative disciplines
- You have a good understanding of common machine learning algorithms and ability to teach junior data scientists across the organization
- Your understanding of banking business is good
- You are experienced in Data Analytics and Visualization Tooland have knowledge in machine learning areas (NLP, deep learning, etc.)
- You gained advanced knowledge in Big Data Ecosystem components (SQOOP, HIVE, IMPALA, OOZIE, KUDU, etc.), and Cloud technologies (MS Azure, AWS)
- You have knowledge of Python, R, SPARK, KNIME, etc. and first hand experience in visualization tools like Tableau, QLIK, R Shiny
- You are able to handle the full data science lifecycle incl. deployment and operation of analytical models.
- Your language skills: English full professional proficiency
- We offer an autonomous and diversified position in an experienced team with international experience.
- We support your professional and personal development at all times. Our employees appreciate attractive career opportunities, flexible working hours, numerous social benefits and a professional working atmosphere.
- A competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications is granted - the minimum wage for this position in accordance with the respective collective agreement is EUR 49.910,-- gross per year
- Erste Group considers the diversity of its employees as key to innovation and success. As employer we are proud to offer everyone equal chances, irrespective of age, skin colour, religious belief, gender, sexual orientation or origin
- Discover and enjoy the benefits of Erste Group
We are looking forward to fill the position at the earliest possible date - apply now!
Degree of Employment: Full-Time
Primary Location: Vienna
Follow us on: