"I believe that there are different ways to achieve a goal."
So do we.
Working at Erste Group means pursuing a common goal and being enthusiastic about shared values. We always treat one another with respect, empathy, and understanding for our diverse backgrounds. This applies to our customers as well as to our employees.
Financial Sanctions Expert (f/m/d)
Erste Group was founded in 1819 as the first Austrian savings bank and today it is one of the largest banking groups in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). As an attractive employer, Erste Group offers interesting career opportunities in an international environment.
Group Financial Sanctions as a part of the department Correspondent Banking AML & Financial Sanctions and within the Division Group Compliance is responsible for ensuring Erste Group's compliance with European and international financial sanctions regimes & embargoes. Furthermore it is responsible for the group-wide implementation of financial Sanctions & Embargos (S&E) relevant legislation and best practice standards in Erste Group and its subsidiaries. Policies and procedures are one important part of every S&E compliance program but in order to be effective and efficient S&E know how has to be delivered to business units and Group wide Compliance Functions by giving practical advice as well as by trainings.
- Act as a central Compliance contact person and advisor for all entities within Erste Group with respect to financial sanctions & embargoes
- Monitors the development on the Financial Sanction & Embargo regulations worldwide and sets concrete measures within Erste Group to be timely in line with that regulations
- Reconcile and align the content of these requirements with all necessary stakeholders
- Develop and implement policies, business requirements, service regulations, procedures and organizational requirements as minimum requirements for Erste Group
- Co-ordinate up-front approval with all relevant decision bodies in accordance with the Group standards for enacting policies (especially on Sanction related matters) etc.
- Provide knowledge transfer and interpretation on the respective Compliance relevant regulations / legislation to business, compliance functions throughout the Group to local compliance functions and senior management
- Train and give practical advice to business and Compliance functions throughout the Group
- Provides guidance and training to the team members and supports decision finding on escalation cases in the area of Sanction & Embargo related matters
- Communicate the Compliance minimum requirements throughout the Group and track the transposition into local processes, policies etc. (monitoring)
- Supports actively by giving advice to the team members on daily business tasks like trade finance deals and transaction screening decisions
- University Degree in Law and/or Business Administration or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of experience in banking institutions or other relevant Organizations (e.g. national / international regulators, legal services, consulting services, internal- / external auditors) , ideally with a focus on Sanctions and Embargoes and financial crime
- Have a good knowledge on existing Compliance relevant legislation related to financial sanctions, embargoes and/ or export control law
- Assertiveness, problem solving skills, negotiation skills, presentation skills, analytical, structured thinking, advanced social competence, lateral thinking, cultural diversity
- Advanced experience with banking processes & products is a benefit
- Have the will to create values for our customers and the Group by building and motivating a compliance culture - Show willingness to travel in the CEE region
- Fluent in English, German and/or any CEE language would be an advantage
- We are committed to support you in your professional and personal development
- Offer the opportunity to work with a highly motivated and ambitious multi-national team
- We guarantee a competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications. We are obliged by law to quote the minimum wage of EUR 38.813,-- gross per year for this position, in accordance with the respective collective agreement.
- We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer without regard to age, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin. We live diversity!
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Degree of Employment: Full-Time
Primary Location: Vienna
Follow us on: