UNIQA Insurance Group is one of the leading insurance groups in our two core markets: Austria and Central & Eastern Europe. This requires fresh thinking - an attitude that is dynamic and solution-oriented. Do you think that's you?
UNIQA Group is optimizing and strengthening its IT-structure. The UNIQA IT Services GmbH have bundled all IT units of UNIQA Group national and abroad into a single entity. UNIQA IT Services (UITS) is the internal IT Service Provider for all groups within UNIQA.
We are looking for a
Data Engineer for Data Integration and Big Data (m/f/d)
Your main responsibilities
- Designs, develops, maintains and tests Data Ingestion solutions "bottom-up" from source (e.g. legacy / mainframe / near real time) to target (files / interfaces / Data marts) using Talend Data Fabric, NiFi, et.al.
- Implements Change Data Capture pipelines enabling UNIQA using real time data feeds (e.g. Kafka)
- Supports the team in building-up large-scale data processing systems and complex big data projects
- Builds data processing systems in Hadoop, Spark and Hive (Cloudera Data Platform)
- Understands how to apply technologies to solve big data problems and contributes to the design of Enterprise Data Use Cases
- Focuses on collecting, parsing, managing, analyzing and visualizing large sets of data coming from heterogeneous domains
- Contributes to Data Governance in terms of enabling Data Lineage, Data Cataloging and Data Modeling
- Works in a highly motivated interdisciplinary team with different Business stakeholders, Architects, Data Engineers, and Data Scientists from both Business and IT
- 3 - 5 years minimum Java Development in Enterprise-grade environments as a must
- Focus on cutting-edge Data Integration & ETL (e.g. Talend Data Fabric, NiFi), as well as Data Replication and Messaging Broker (e.g. Kafka) tools in Big Data Hadoop/Spark/Hive/HBase/Impala/Kudu ecosystems like Cloudera / Hortonworks as a must
- FinTech / Insurance know-how as a plus
- Knowledge in different programming or scripting languages like SQL (ANSI and Dialects), including Bash know-how
- Experience in Software Development Lifecycle and in releasing applications via GIT workflows and automation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in German and English
- Knowledge in tools for Data Governance and Data Cataloging (e.g Apache Atlas / Cloudera Navigator) as a plus
Your core competencies
- Perseverance: single-mindedly and persistently pursuing your assignments
- Drive for Results: achieving your goals dependably and timely
- Action Oriented: being full of energy and seizing opportunities
- Organizing: using resources effectively and efficiently
- Learning on the Fly: learning quickly and having a focus on solutions
Annual minimum wage according to collective agreement: EUR 60.000 - gross. We are prepared to exceed depending on qualification and experience.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
HR Business Partner
Untere Donaustraße 21
A - 1029 Wien
Tel.: +43 664 888 390 17