Senior Expert Cybersecurity (DFIR) (m/f/div*)
At a glance
Your heart is beating for cyber security? Taking responsibility and the ability to apply strategic guidance are part of your personal profile? If you see yourself in this area we have the perfect job to offer - Apply now and join our Cyber Defense Center at our IT headquarter in Klagenfurt!
Oct 01, 2020
The Cyber Defense Center has a high value within the global Infineon world - defending our network against any kind of threats is important to keep the business running. It is crucial to apply various tasks in terms of cyber security to protect our core competencies.
In your new role you will:
- Perform advanced incident response for cybersecurity incidents across the Infineon global networks.
- Incident detection through proactive 'threat hunting' and data analysis of cybersecurity-relevant data sets.
- Incident investigation using SIEM,EDR, Log Management and big data technology based on data such as event graphs, annotations, cases and reports.
- Integrate and work with tactical cyber threat intelligence to enhance incident response.
- Ensure adequate documentation of cybersecurity incidents.
- Operate, maintain and enhance tools for forensic analysis and malware analysis.
- Provide host and network forensics, malware analysis during security incident response.
- Act as the subject matter expert for the services, processes and procedures of one of the service areas offered by our team.
- Manage projects of global scale in the area of incident response, digital forensics and malware analysis.
- Participate in product evaluations and joint projects with the IT department for applications and platforms of own area.
- Mentoring and coaching other team members and perform other duties as assigned.
- Closely work with Senior Experts of other functional areas in the team to support overall department goals.
- Join projects of other functional areas to provide support and expertise
You have in-depth knowledge about fundamental concepts of networking, host security technologies and operating systems. You bring knowledge about the (Cyber) Security Incident Lifecycle / Process and corresponding standards.
You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- Education in the area of computer science, IT or a degree in computer science, IT security or any comparable education or degree (alternatively relevant direct experiences).
- Direct experience in the line of SOC/CDC/CERT work (e.g., security monitoring and detection, incident response, network event analysis, threat analysis, threat intelligence or malware analysis).
- Direct experience with incident response, digital forensics and malware analysis.
- Direct experience with software and standard formats for digital forensics and malware analysis.
- Experience with typical active or passive security solutions are preferable (e.g. IDS/IPS, firewall, web-filters, malware sandboxes, EDR).
- Experience in offensive security, pentetration testing, red teaming (advantageous).
- Experience in automation / scripting (advantageous).
- Knowledge about the (Cyber) Security Incident Lifecycle / Process and corresponding standards.
- In depth knowledge about fundamental concepts of networking and operating systems.
- Ability to acquire in-depth knowledge of network and host security technologies, and continuously improve these skills.
- Possess one of the following certifications (or similar) would be an advantage: GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA), GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), GIAC Certified, Forensic Analyst (GCFA), GIAC Certified Reverse Engineering Malware (GREM) or other GIAC certifications.
- Expereince in technical writing and communication of technical details to various audience groups.
- Fluent English language skills (German is a plus) in speaking and writing.
- Hands-on attitude and self-disciplined approach to problem solving.
- Taking responsibility of own area and the ability to apply strategic guidance for own area of responsibility.
This position is subject to the collective agreement for workers and employees in the electrical and electronics industry, employment group H (https://www.feei.at/leistungen/informations-service/mindestlohne-und-gehalter-2019). A higher payment is negotiable depending on your expertise and skills.
Part of your life. Part of tomorrow.
We make life easier, safer and greener - with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. Efficient use of energy, environmentally-friendly mobility and security in a connected world - we solve some of the most critical challenges that our society faces while taking a conscientious approach to the use of natural resources.
The provincial capital Klagenfurt, in the heart of Carinthia, impresses with its liveliness, culture, numerous events and sights. The southern climate with the pictorial Wörthersee, the close link between urban infrastructure and rural areas as well as the proximity to Slovenia and Italy make Klagenfurt particularly livable.
- The term gender in the sense of the General Equal Treatment Act (GETA) or other national legislation refers to the biological assignment to a gender group. At Infineon we are proud to embrace (gender) diversity, including female, male and diverse.
Mag. Stefanie Triebelnig
Talent Attraction Manager