Senior Software Engineer (m/w/d) Big Data
Would you like to work for an international FinTech company and play an active role in shaping the future of payment? In that case, we look forward to you joining our team as we are constantly on the lookout for dedicated, talented people who share our vision.
We are expanding our Big Data Department and are looking for reinforcement at our location in Graz (Austria).
Do you feel comfortable in the world of Hadoop, Scala, Spark, Hive & Co? Then become part of our international team and take over the following tasks in the future:
- Proactively supporting the building of our new team and independent designing, developing, and improving of modules for state-of-the-art big data application cases in a data lake project
- Agile development according to Scrum in an international team (English as working language)
- Implementing complex ETL processes and data pipelines based on big data technologies
- Developing data ingestion, processing, and analytics modules
- Participating in various phases of the software development cycle, from testing and integration to launch and maintenance
- Taking on a mentoring role for your junior colleagues and guiding them at the beginning of their professional career
- Completed IT education from a college, university of applied sciences, or higher technical institute (HTL) as well as professional experience with software development using one of the main programming languages (Scala, Java, Python) and experience with version control systems
- Experience in big data and handling state-of-the-art technologies such as Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Hue, Spark, Kafka, Oozie, and Cloudera/Hortonworks, or similar
- Experience with ETL processes and Solr search and performance optimization as well as in test-driven development would be a plus
- Ideally, you are experienced with agile development and business intelligence as well as have a basic knowledge of statistics, linear algebra, and algorithms for machine learning
- Very good command of spoken and written English, skills in German are a plus
- Passion for big data and interest in new systems and technologies
- Solution-oriented team player, high degree of self-responsibility, analytical and well-structured work approach
- Intercultural mindset and pleasure in working with a diverse international team
What we offer
- Diverse tasks with scope for introducing your own ideas and experience and possibility to contribute to the future of the company
- An excellent working atmosphere in an international, young, and agile team
- Further professional and personal development in a successful company that is growing strongly
- Flexible work schedule with flextime account and 38.5-hour work week
- A modern workplace with very good accessibility
- Attractive additional benefits such as home office, food coupons, ticket for public transport, team events, free coffee and tea, and many more
- The minimum salary under the collective agreement is EUR 3,048.00 gross/month. Depending on experience and qualifications, overpayment in line with the market is a matter of course for us.
Become part of our success story. Join our highly qualified team, united by a vision: to make payment happen.
Have we caught your attention? If so, please email your detailed application documents (curriculum vitae with photo, certificates, etc.) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact Ms. Elisabeth Lampl.