200 years #believeinyourself
Working at Erste Group means working together on the future of us all: our customers, our company, each individual.
This takes to believe in yourself and the people around you; as well as to meet others with respect, empathy and understanding of diverse life stories.
Group Correspondent Compliance Officer - Banking (f/m/d)
Erste Group was founded in 1819 as the first Austrian savings bank and today it is one of the largest banking groups in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). As an attractive employer, Erste Group offers interesting career opportunities in an international environment.
The main responsibilities of Group AML, CTF, Sanctions & Embargos are:
(A) ensuring compliance with anti-money laundering ("AML"), counter terrorism financing ("CTF") as well as (iii) sanction and embargo ("S&E") requirements;
(B) monitoring of transactions as well as establishing & executing correspondent banking management governance and its framework within EGB;
(C) developing, maintaining, respectively operating EGB as well as Group policies and tools for adherence to know your customer ("KYC"), customer risk rating ("CRR"), customer and account monitoring as well as risk analyses requirements and identifying trends & schemes of transactional behavior.
- Provide and develop proactive measures to drive the development of Correspondent Banking Compliance Governance, especially in terms of reporting (existing and emerging risks), risk identification and identifying compliance trends upfront
- Responsible for the development respectively maintain and improve group-wide policies as well as EGB policies covering all AML/CTF & Fraud prevention matters especially with focus on Correspondent Banking Compliance view
- Establish standardized communication lines with local Group Members on AML/CTF, KYC, Fraud prevention, S&E as well as FATCA & CRS stakeholders
- Support of first line of defense activities by providing advisory support with respect to the banking business and banking products (eg; Trade Finance, Cash Management, Payment Operations) in connection to professional advice in the area of AML/CTF, Fraud prevention, S&E as well as FATCA & CRS in the Financial Institutions area.
- Advise and align with Group Members on implementation of local policies (always in adherence with Group standards) with a high level of expertise and track & monitoring gaps
- Structure & prepare for and participate in management talks, onsite visits or any other review or audit activity performed by internal audit, external audit or competent authority (in respect of the latter also when a financial authority competent for EGB performs any audit action with any Group Member)
- Actively identify and develop improvements in existing operations and work closely with direct management on potential solutions (Change the Bank Experience & identifying Correspondent Banking business risks upfront)
- Execute advanced trainings to relevant business units in EGB and experienced colleagues group-wide
- Perform local & international desk reviews in Erste Group pursuant to desk review plan(s)
- Perform KYC onboarding and review checks on customers (Banks) & independent handling of transaction alert cases as required
- University degree favorable in Economics or Law
- Working experience of at least 5 years within Banking Institutions in the area of Correspondent Banking Compliance
- Being familiar with Correspondent Banking related terms and specific tasks (eg. analytical monitoring and analyzing of transactions, requirements to enter/continue relationships with banks, legal (EU) obligations vs market standards), profound understanding of the "set up/working" of Correspondent Banking relationships
- Independent and very conscientious approach of working, combined with having sole responsibility of providing deliverables to senior management/third parties
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to prepare independently presentation materials for senior management
- Good knowledge on Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Fluent in German and English, any CEE language would be an advantage
- Knowledge on operational alert handling, KYC requirements and national and international legal environment (AML, CTF, Sanctions & Embargos, FATCA, CRS) of benefit
- We are committed to support you in your professional and personal development
- The opportunity to work with a highly motivated and ambitious multi-national team
- We guarantee a competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications. We are obliged by law to quote the minimum wage of EUR 34.193,-- gross per year for this position, in accordance with the respective collective agreement.
- We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer without regard to age, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin. We live diversity!
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Degree of Employment: Full-Time
Primary Location: Vienna
Finden Sie uns auf: