Technological innovations have fundamentally changed the game. Today, our digitally savvy customers demand a premium experience across all channels and touchpoints. And that's where Erste Group's IT entities come into play. We believe that the future of banking is digital and we want to be among the creators and innovators who redefine it. We are ready to go the extra mile to wow our clients. You do too? Then hit the "apply now" button.
Senior Project Manager (f/m/d)
Erste Group IT International (EG IT INT) is the IT service provider of Erste Group, supplying solutions to all entities. It provides development, implementation and integration as well as operation of group-wide solutions. Aimed at offering the best service at the best price, EG IT INT plays a key strategic role within Erste Group.
PMCC - Project Management Competence Center in EGIT INT is responsible for the end-to-end management of the largest projects and programs within Erste Group. On top of that PMCC is coaching, training and developing young talents, but also senior project managers to become successful within their projects. Enhancement and further development of the PM Methodology and steady increase of the delivery quality is a major goal of PMCC division.
The PMCC Corporates and Financial Markets department is focusing servicing Erste's corporate banking business line by providing internal business & IT consultancy and project management services, managing internal and external IT solution providers. The business areas that are covered include: corporate lending, accounting, cash management, transaction banking, operations and CRM.
Your tasks include
- Leading projects with several streams and managing stream leaders and sub teams in the area of Corporates and Markets in close cooperation with members from the business side
- Define and set clear and measurable project objectives with realistic time and budget in agreement with business partners. Prepare necessary documentation for project approval
- Define, set and manage project organization and steering structure with decision makers from different divisions and sourcing from different companies of Erste Group, including external solution providers
- Manage projects to achieve project goals with respect to priorities defined by business. Manage time, budget, risks, quality and organization of a project; track and report project performance
- Build and maintain project team's motivation with focus on business priorities; coordinate, manage and monitor work of project team members in distributed locations
- Monitor adherence to Group policies, standards and procedures; propose improvements to support achievement of organizational goals.
- Coach and support other Project Managers
- Actively contribute to the development and growth of the PMCC project management community
What you´ll bring with you
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or other related field-or equivalent work experience
- At least 5 years of proven track record in Project Manager position leading IT and/or business consultancy projects in an international environment, preferably in a financial and/or IT industry. PMP/PMI certification or other adequate project management qualification is considered a plus
- Strong communication and excellent presentational skills, especially on executive level. Able to tailor and convey a message in the most efficient way to different audiences
- Excellent analytical and problem defining and solving skills; sound process management skills
- Familiar with the complexity of international organizations and skills to work in matrix organizational structure
- Familiar with Agile PM method; ideally Agile practitioner
- An open mindset, a result and target oriented personality with excellent planning and organizing skills as well as a positive problem-solving approach
- Experience in the Corporates and Markets area will be considered as a plus
- Fluency in English and German for both verbal and written communication (level B2 is a minimum). Knowledge of any other Central European language (Czech, Slovak, Hungarian, Romanian, Croatian or Serbian) is considered an advantage
- A responsible and diverse position within the dynamic environment of Erste Group IT Int.
- Attractive career opportunities, flexible working hours, numerous social benefits and a professional working atmosphere
- Subsidized food at the work and near infinite amounts of coffee and sparkling water
- A competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications is granted - the minimum wage for this position in accordance with the respective collective agreement is EUR 49.910,-- gross per year
- Erste Group considers the diversity of its employees as key to innovation and success. As employer we are proud to offer everyone equal chances, irrespective of age, skin colour, religious belief, gender, sexual orientation or origin
- Discover and enjoy the benefits of Erste Group
We are looking forward to fill the position at the earliest possible date - apply now! #believeinyourself
Degree of Employment: Full-Time
Primary Location: Vienna
Follow us on: