Demand Response Expert
(Supply Chain Department) (m/f/d)
The role holder is responsible for monitoring and steering the execution of the demand (sales) plan with the objective to maximise/optimize margins in balance with customer experience. He/she ensures that the demand (sales) plan is executed by following up on the order income of the relevant business cluster, proposes and initiates corrective actions. Demand Respond expert prioritizes extra demand based / short supply on the service level guidelines of DBM.
Please be informed that this is a temporary position limited for a period of 18 months.
- Contribute to the short-term Sales and Operations demand forecasting process in line with the Industry Cluster strategy.
- Ensure that Differentiated Business Model (DBM) rules are enforced during execution of the demand plan in her/ his area of responsibility, specifically regarding to product prioritization and service levels.
- Collects and leverages downstream channel data in his/ her decisions (Demand Sensing)
- Supporting the Demand Manager with feedback from executing last plan and actual market situation: Review the sales forecast and do sanity check
- Demand Response Expert applies demand response processes, rules and tools as applicable to the respective business cluster/segment and contributes improving those.
- Finalization of approved forward-looking sales plan: Volume allocation to customers based on available supply.
- Determines the adequate level of detail and technique for the forecast of each specific grade under her/his portfolio. Align further detailing of the plan with Demand Managers, being consulted for current market situation and customer details.
- Demand Response Expert initiates during weekly sales call mitigation action towards sales community in case demand falls short of the plan.
- Provides proposals for margin and volume thresholds used to steer the demand response process.
- Gives quantitative input to demand planning team as preparation for following planning cycle.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain and/or adequate experience in S&OP/Supply Chain (APICS or similar), Business Finance and/or Project Management
- At least five of experience in a commercial, business, operations or supply chain environment, in an international company
- Mastery of English language on business level (written and spoken). Any other foreign language is a big asset
- Professional know-how in S&OP
- Preferably knowledge of SAP-APO planning tools
- Mastery of MsExcel tools
- Strong self-confidence and stress resilience, combined with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Challenger of information, combines data driven decision making with industry know-how related to the business cluster.
The salary is attractive and competitive, reflecting your experiences, skills and competencies. It is based on the collective labour agreement starting at EUR 50.000 - annual gross salary and we are willing to pay more based on your experience and background. In addition, we offer a yearly bonus and a voluntary company pension plan.