The Role: Senior Java Developer
We are looking for a Senior Java Developer with experience in creating Java apps from scratch, catching bugs in a distributed environment and communicating with business.
As a member of the Onsite Development team you bring in a lot of creativity and excellent technical skills to implement Java solutions based on our data platform.
You will be challenged by the Client's well-designed and structured architecture.
Our DMS (Document Management System) is communicating with BPMS, SAP, CENTERA/ECS, Lotus Notes and many other subsystems.
What You'll Do At Braintribe:
- Understand customers' business needs and apply product knowledge to deliver the best solution.
- Design and create data models based on customer requirements.
- Design and implement internal and external projects in a data-centric context based on Java.
- Review, question and debug our DMS solution
- Take care of testing source code automatically in a sufficient way
- Use and enhance our build pipeline to build and deploy artifacts automatically
- Partner enablement & support on the developer level.
- Prepare and deliver kickass presentations and training for internal and external audiences.
- At Braintribe, a BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject is nice to have... but we care much more about your ability to kick ass in the areas below.
- Required: Killer knowledge of the IT market and enterprise architectures.
- Experience with:
- Data modeling tools (UML, Java).
- Agile toolset and programming practices (Scrum).
- Databases (such as MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle Database,
- NoSQL etc).
- Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Git
- Technology stacks (BPMN, ECM, ERP, etc..) is a plus.
- Familiar with Java IDEs, ideally Eclipse.
- Open-minded personality with team spirit and good communication skills
- Excellent command of English(internal language) and German (is a must for major client)
The Life and Times at Braintribe
- Ownership is the greatest self-identity at Braintribe - you are making an impact now.
- Open is at the heart of our business and our culture. You won't find cubicles here.
- Our employees working together (remote or local) as an effective way to:
- Ensure quality, transparency, honesty, and openness
- Raise truck count
- Transfer knowledge and methodology
- Build a real social network
- Discover brilliant concepts and solutions
- Motivate each other
- Develop a shared vision
- Have fun with colleagues
- Proactive mentality, or as we like to say "being a badass."
- Attitude: Open. Courageous. Radical. Responsive.
- We are an international company with distributed teams spread over several continents, but almost always discuss our topics onsite or online in English.
- Management asks for everyone's ideas and problem-solving solutions.
- We love being faced with a problem and the challenge of solving it, typically having a hacker attitude to reach beyond barriers found in the present technologies.
- We are self-starters who work with the attitude "nothing is impossible." We're constantly pushing the limit of existing tools, libraries & technologies to build our technology.
- We use open-source tools and frameworks if they support our ideas, but create our own based on our paradigm to natively integrate them. For example, we built our own dependency management solution and respective Eclipse plugins to name a couple.
- We are not afraid to iterate our solutions multiple times to distill the best possible result.
- Our commitment to each other doesn't restrict itself to work, we enjoy after-work drinks, adventure sports, exploring the city and discussing world affairs to name a few.
We guarantee a competitive salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications, starting at EUR 3.485 gross per month for this position, in accordance with the respective collective agreement. Salary requests above this amount will be considered depending on your previous experience and qualifications.