OMV Refining & Petrochemicals Operations
Senior Project Controls Lead (f/m)
Overview of OMV
OMV produces and markets oil and gas, innovative energy and high-end petrochemical solutions - in a responsible way. With Group sales of EUR 23 bn and a workforce of more than 20,000 employees in 2018, OMV Aktiengesellschaft is one of Austria's largest listed industrial companies. Due to our international activities in up- and downstream we can offer interesting and diverse job opportunities with excellent scope for career development.
Diversity and equal opportunities are central to the OMV culture and key to our corporate success.
- Setup and implement the Project Control Plan and Project Control policies as well as necessary procedures that cover the planning and scheduling process
- Setup Project Baseline and all procedures that aim to define the basis of the planning functions
- Develop the cost estimates, cost baselines aligned with the agreed CBS, WBS to ensure an integrated Project Control System for cost and schedule monitoring and progress reporting
- Oversee Project Budgeting and Scheduling and assist with assembling a Project's control team
- Create and maintain accurate reporting addressing all aspects of financial forecasting in line with project development and completion
- Manage earned value reporting and be responsible for budgeting and forecasting
- Monitor field progress using earned value principles, managed KPIs and identifying cost and schedule trends as part of management reporting.
- Prepare accurate monthly project management review reports, evaluate project variation's, progress etc. and make risk adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Monitor functional staffing plans and support the hiring of project controls personnel as well as implement cost control processes
- Master / Diploma degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with at least 9 years of relevant working experience in project planning, scheduling & phasing, project control & monitoring, forecasting/trending, invoice verification, risk assessment or variations/claims analysis
- Strong knowledge of technical project scope definition, schedule and estimate, construction sequence and execution, procurement and contracting strategies, commissioning and start up
- Fundamental understanding of planning, productivity factors, construction sequence, change management, risk evaluation, cost control methods and tools, cost estimating techniques, progress measurement systems, EPC and unusual contractual strategies, etc.
- Proficient know how of Primavera 6
- Cleopatra or Aspentech knowledge will be considered as a plus
- Good negotiations skills
- Fluency in English and German
What to expect from OMV:
- Our aim is to create an inclusive work environment and culture, where people from all backgrounds can contribute and flourish. We have a strong culture of collaboration where Team Spirit, Accountability, Passion, Pioneering Spirit and Performance are key.
- As part of our People strategy to develop and increase our female leadership representation, we welcome female applicants.
We offer you:
- The opportunity to join an internationally renowned company in a fast moving business sector, providing excellent development opportunities
- We offer an attractive compensation package that matches your qualifications and professional experience. The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement amounts to EUR 69.811,- all in. Depending on skills and specific experience, over-payment is possible. OMV also offers additional benefits and relocation packages for international moves.
- Place of work: Vienna, Austria
In the meantime, we welcome you to follow us on LinkedIn to stay up to date with news, articles and jobs.
Are you interested in joining our team?
Please apply online
OMV is an equal opportunity employer.