OMV Refining & Petrochemicals Operations
Project Manager Project Services (f/m)
Overview of OMV
OMV produces and markets oil and gas, innovative energy and high-end petrochemical solutions - in a responsible way. With Group sales of EUR 23 bn and a workforce of more than 20,000 employees in 2018, OMV Aktiengesellschaft is one of Austria's largest listed industrial companies. Due to our international activities in up- and downstream we can offer interesting and diverse job opportunities with excellent scope for career development.
Diversity and equal opportunities are central to the OMV culture and key to our corporate success.
- Review, validate and endorse contractor submitted control package including define and execution baseline/recovery plans, resource plan, and progress measurement and reporting system to ensure that a proper system is set up for effective project control and in compliance with contractual requirements
- Monitor contractor's performance, conduct time and progress variance analysis and review/validate contractor's progress reports to ensure performance deviation from the agreed plan is determined and reported on timely basis, highlight areas of concern, and suggest corrective actions/mitigation measures for implementation by contractor and project team, conduct "what if" and schedule risk analysis when required to anticipate unforeseen changes to the project and quantify potential impact and mitigation plans
- Develop and maintain the project cost control system to prepare and review monthly financial accruals for appropriate costing allocation
- Project reporting including key performance measures to track/report progress and trends, support within project management of change and claim management processes
- Ensure ongoing effectiveness of project controls processes and systems
- Provide training, mentoring and ongoing project controls guidance to project team members
- Manage the expectations of all stakeholders while improving communication tools and raising awareness of risk & opportunity management as an active tool in the project
- Efficiency improvements and documentation of control standards, practices and processes in order to enhance the Project Services department's performance and facilitate the incorporation of new resources
- Master or Diploma degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent discipline with at least 7 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience in project planning, scheduling and phasing, project control and monitoring, forecasting/trending, invoice verification, risk assessment, variations/claims analysis
- Strong knowledge and the interrelationship of a good technical project scope definition, quality of the schedule and estimate, construction sequence and execution, procurement and contracting strategies, commissioning and start-up
- Fundemental understanding of planning, productivity factors, construction sequence, change management, risk evaluation, cost control methods and tools, cost estimating techniques, progress measurement systems, EPC and unusual contractual strategies, etc.
- Proficient handling of Primavera 6
- Good negotiation skills (conflict, contract, interface and stakeholder management) as well as excellent English and German skills, both, written and oral
What to expect from OMV:
- Our aim is to create an inclusive work environment and culture, where people from all backgrounds can contribute and flourish. We have a strong culture of collaboration where Team Spirit, Accountability, Passion, Pioneering Spirit and Performance are key.
- As part of our People strategy to develop and increase our female leadership representation, we welcome female applicants.
We offer you:
- The opportunity to join an internationally renowned company in a fast moving business sector, providing excellent development opportunities
- We offer an attractive compensation package that matches your qualifications and professional experience. The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement amounts to EUR 69.811,- all in. Depending on skills and specific experience, over-payment is possible. OMV also offers additional benefits and relocation packages for international moves.
- Place of work: Schwechat, Austria
- Please be aware that this is a limited position
In the meantime, we welcome you to follow us on LinkedIn to stay up to date with news, articles and jobs.
Are you interested in joining our team?
Please apply online
OMV is an equal opportunity employer.