OMV Aktiengesellschaft (x)
Professional Financial Statements & Closing Australasia (f/m)
Overview of OMV
OMV produces and markets oil and gas, innovative energy and high-end petrochemical solutions - in a responsible way. With Group sales of EUR 23 bn and a workforce of more than 20,000 employees in 2018, OMV Aktiengesellschaft is one of Austria's largest listed industrial companies. Due to our international activities in up- and downstream we can offer interesting and diverse job opportunities with excellent scope for career development.
Diversity and equal opportunities are central to the OMV culture and key to our corporate success.
- Assure correct application of IFRS and Local GAAP accounting treatments for business processes for the assigned companies or for selected accounting or reporting topics
- Perform daily accounting tasks (e.g. Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Fixed Assets)
- Handle and post monthly closing activities according to IFRS and local GAAP standards in close cooperation with other departments / functions
- Provide support & prepare data for auditor requests regarding IFRS and Local GAAP financial statements and report regularly and ad hoc to public authorities and institutions
- Provide support for requests from customers and stakeholders within OMV Group (e.g. Finance and Controlling departments, Finance Managers)
- Contribute to cross-functional accounting, process and reporting optimization and digitalization/automation projects
- Provide support at company reorganisations (e.g. mergers, spin-offs, liquidations, acquisitions) and SAP projects (e.g. new set-up, migration, new implemenation of business processes)
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Business Administration or relevant subject and/or IFRS Expert with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- Know-how of and experience in IFRS accounting and reporting
- SAP (FI/CO) experience would be a strong advantage
- Open-minded personality for continuous change and development and likes to work in teams
- IT affinity and process-oriented thinking, flexibility and ability to work under time pressure, willingness to travel
- Fluency in English language, German would be an advantage
What to expect from OMV:
- Our aim is to create an inclusive work environment and culture, where people from all backgrounds can contribute and flourish. We have a strong culture of collaboration where Team Spirit, Accountability, Passion, Pioneering Spirit and Performance are key.
- As part of our People strategy to develop and increase our female leadership representation, we welcome female applicants.
We offer you:
- The opportunity to join an internationally renowned company in a fast moving business sector, providing excellent development opportunities
- We offer an attractive compensation package that matches your qualifications and professional experience. The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement amounts to EUR 50.539, all in. Depending on skills and specific experience, over-payment is possible. OMV also offers additional benefits and relocation packages for international moves.
- Place of work: Vienna, Austria
In the meantime, we welcome you to follow us on LinkedIn to stay up to date with news, articles and jobs.
Are you interested in joining our team?
Please apply online
OMV is an equal opportunity employer.