- Reports solid line to region's Finance Director
- To lead the financial accounting team to deliver effective and efficient processes, developing and embedding controls that safeguard our assets and manage risk appropriately
- To lead on compliance with the Accounting Policy, ensuring that all procedures and policies are business focussed and communicated effectively
- Responsibility for the preparation of the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with the Austrian Commercial Code and US GAAP
- To lead on the annual statutory year-end requirements, agreeing timetables and responsibilities with all involved, with the primary focus being to achieve a clean audit
- To lead on technical accounting compliance requirements, developing knowledge throughout the team and with other directorates where appropriate to ensure Compliance
- Contact with the tax authorities; Calculation and execution of the month-long excise tax registrations; Management of tax audits ; Manage day-to-day accounting operations and ensure that there is a redundant process backup in place for every critical operation; Accounting of transactions; Monitoring of all payment transactions
- Ongoing control of bank balances; Control of interest and fee allocation
- Creation of provisions for bank and loan interest; Settlement of loan interest
- Foreign currency valuations; Foreign currency conversions
- Daily review of e-banking documents with payment release
- Monthly bank and cash overviews; Review of bank confirmations for the annual financial statements; Annual statements meters, settlements and Smartpay
- Ad-hoc tasks; Continuous improvement of accounting process
- Very good accounting skills according to Local GAAP and US GAAP
- Actively proposes improvements in this area.
- Responsible for continuous improvement of processes in this area, flags issues with control weaknesses, highlights areas of deficiency, continuously monitors compliance.
- Responsible for establishing strong detective and preventative control mechanisms.
- Supports Finance Director in meeting SOX and Minimum Control Requirements
- Good control experience.
People / Other
- Ability to manage a team of 3-4 people. Maintain, retain and develop a talent.
- Several years of professional experience in finance, as an auditor of an auditing firm and/or in a tax-advising profession
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken German and English.
- Communicate to international community, use and share best practice.
- Communicative strong personality.
- Very good Excel skills
- Experience in using BMD NTCS
Years and Type of Experience:
- 5+ years' experience as a certified public accountant 5+ years' experience in an accounting leadership role
- Exceptional leadership abilities
- Strong budgeting, financial forecasting and financial analysis skills required
- Outstanding skills in analyzing financial data and promptly generating accurate reports
- Exceptional familiarity with Microsoft Excel and BMD NTCS
Skills and Abilities:
- Prior multinational company experience preferred
- Possess strong analytical skills and knowledge in accounting, especially Accounts Receivables and Bad Debts, including management reporting
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Maintain high level of accuracy in the use of resources through proper monitoring and efficient analysis of the accounting department's activities
- Results oriented, can thrive in a deadline driven environment
- Demonstrates respect and integrity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Exceptional organization skills with strong attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to prioritize and self-manage workload
- Ability to proactively take ownership of issues and ensure timely resolution
- Ability to work effectively in matrix organization and form solid business relationships across functions
- Ability to lead, develop and motivate a team of 3-4 people
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance, or similar level of education
- Austrian certification in public accounting
Please send your application per e-Mail to: Eva-Maria.Kraeftner@flaga.at
Place of employment: actual Korneuburg, after 06/2020 Vienna
FLAGA GmbH • Flaga Straße 1 • 2100 Leobendorf