OMV Upstream / Exploration & Production
Senior Expert Applications & Technology (f/m)
Overview of OMV
OMV produces and markets oil and gas, innovative energy and high-end petrochemical solutions - in a responsible way. With Group sales of EUR 23 bn and a workforce of more than 20,000 employees in 2018, OMV Aktiengesellschaft is one of Austria's largest listed industrial companies. Due to our international activities in up- and downstream we can offer interesting and diverse job opportunities with excellent scope for career development.
Diversity and equal opportunities are central to the OMV culture and key to our corporate success.
- Be an active thought partner and application visionary who shapes the technology demand among the business community.
- Implements and customizes technical solutions and processes and ensure technical service delivery through continuous knowledge exchange and best practice implementations.
- Acts as SCRUM Master in agile teams, develop the mindset and communicate tools and methods need for agile working in close cooperation with the team and product owner.
- Ensures efficient delivery of application services to Upstream IT; guides and advises the internal and external technical resources for project and application support.
- Challenges vendors from technical point of view (system setup, experience based on OMV Upstream specific technical system setups, etc.) and performs technical evaluations in tender processes.
- Consults regarding technical solutions especially within the IT department and advises project managers, service managers and business consultants regarding technical questions and possible solutions. Reports to the team lead and department manager or project managers, esp. on defined KPIs, including analysis or root cause analysis in case of technical system failures.
- Continuously works on technical and innovative improvement of application services and systems as well as maintains technical documentation according to the company's standards. Configures and implements technical changes and enhancements of existing developments according to business requirements ensuring high quality and proper data consistency.
- Coordinates and leads technical activities of internal / external resources. Key interface / contact person regarding specific technical questions. Coordinates technical activities for the served customers and advises on used technologies.
- University Degree Masters / Diploma in IT Management / Computer Science / Business Informatics or related subject
- Minimum of 9 years' relevant experience with at least 3-5 years experience in software engineering and development)
- A professional lead with extensive knowledge across own discipline.
- Excellent understanding of the business context, all interfaces and interdependencies and manages complex workflows with other disciplines.
- Has knowledge of the capabilities and limitations of systems, peripheral devices, and the most sophisticated programming techniques
- Strong communication skills
What to expect from OMV:
- Our aim is to create an inclusive work environment and culture, where people from all backgrounds can contribute and flourish. We have a strong culture of collaboration where Team Spirit, Accountability, Passion, Pioneering Spirit and Performance are key.
- As part of our People strategy to develop and increase our female leadership representation, we welcome female applicants.
We offer you:
- The opportunity to join an internationally renowned company in a fast moving business sector, providing excellent development opportunities
- We offer an attractive compensation package that matches your qualifications and professional experience. The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement amounts to EUR 68,030, all in. Depending on skills and specific experience, over-payment is possible. OMV also offers additional benefits and relocation packages for international moves.
- Place of work: Vienna, Austria
In the meantime, we welcome you to follow us on LinkedIn to stay up to date with news, articles and jobs.
Are you interested in joining our team?
Please apply online
OMV is an equal opportunity employer.