TUI Group is the world's number one integrated tourism business operating in around 180 countries worldwide. With some of the best known holiday brands in the world, we offer inspiration, booking, flights, transfers, hotels and cruise ships to over 30 million customers every year all under one roof.
With over 1,800 travel agencies across Europe, six airlines operating more than 130 aircraft, more than 300 Group-owned hotels and resorts and twelve cruise ships, we are able to design unique and individually tailored holiday experiences with consistent high quality for our customers. Our 63,000 colleagues, all with a passion for holidays, work hard to deliver our customer promise - "Discover your smile".
Purchasing Manager, TUI Group Purchasing
AT A GLANCE:
Joining the Group Purchasing team as Purchasing Manager - ambassador of the Group Purchasing function, your core focus will be driving revenue. You will be accountable for all buying and account management activities for TUI's suppliers for a particular source market or across multiple source markets. You will be building sustainable long term relationships through effective negotiations and bed management resulting in superior revenue results.
TUI Group is the world's number one integrated tourism business. As we continue to work on our Global Purchasing function, we are looking forward to working with you as we continue to develop our ambitious growth plans.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- You will have full accountability for optimising hotel cost base in order to maximise profitability for your area of responsibility and manage supplier strategy in line with the 5-year plan
- Responsible for setting and managing the overseas accommodation spend budget including contract value, commitments, deposits and cash flow
- You will source and extract key commercial MI, in order to assist in informed decision making
- You will meet individual hotel/area targets through accommodation contract negotiations, renegotiations and in season late buying and ad-hoc buying
- Manage all required buying trading activities to maximise sales, margin and occupancy targets, in a timely matter and with agreed deadlines
- You'll influence and input into product selection, range management and new developments and highlight and develop opportunities for long term agreements, joint ventures and acquisitions in line with the 5-year plan
- Accountable for meeting all source market bed briefs providing a first-class service in negotiating rates, re-negotiations, risk management and supplier development
- You will negotiate Long Term Agreements on behalf of source markets (including prepayment agreements), working alongside Group Legal as requiredYou will negotiate ski pack services and DMC agreements on behalf of source markets working alongside Group Legal as required
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Proven tour operator buying experience
- A goal-oriented person with strong commercial insight and the ability to make commercial decisions based on complex information
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to work with multiple contacts in a customer organization
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills. Fluent in German
- Valid driving license
WHAT YOU CAN LOOK FORWARD TO:
- Being a valuable team member of TUI, the No.1 global and socially aware travel company
- Based on wage structure agreements, we are offering a gross yearly salary starting at EUR 45.000 with the possibility of overpayment dependant on individual qualifications and experience.
- Eligibility for an annual bonus scheme
- Working from home and flexible working hours scheme
- Use of business car for business purposes